Roger Federer GOAT - Record Breaking 8 Times Championship Winner

What Iā€™m saying about time violations is a statement of fact. Players who incur time violations are breaking the rules and cheating. Nadal is repeatedly pulled up for time violations, match after match.

Sounds like an excuse. Rafa should play at whatever pace he wants to, the opponent needs to grow up and deal with it, not make excuses about it.

You donā€™t half talk some shite.

No, Nadal is not entitled to his own rules and preferential treatment. The same rules are there for all players. Thereā€™s an allocated maximum time allowed. Its the umpires job to enforce that rules and thatā€™s what Umpire Pasquale Maria correctly did yesterday. Nadal is consistently over the allocated 20 second mark and the Umpire correctly pulled him up on it yesterday.

It was the same a few years back, when Umpire Carlos Bernardes correctly pulled Nadal up for time violations a few years back, Nadal did everything in his power to remove Umpire Bernardes from the circuit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teExqmzumH8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZB9JfhzLzE

ā€œDonā€™t fucking tell me the rulesā€

We all know how Federer treats umpires that down bow to him.

1 Like

At least he never asked for an umpire to be banned. This is what Nadal does when an umpire makes him play by the rules.

He didnā€™t ask for him to be banned.

He merely asked that he not take charge of his games.

Youā€™re referring to the Del Potro US Open final of 2009, nearly some 8 years ago. I am certainly not going to condone Roger using such unparliamentary language. He was wrong and out of of order on that front. What he was correct on though was his assertion that Del Potro was making his challenges outside of the allotted time.

You on the other hand are not alone condoning Nadal breaking the rules, but are advocating that Nadal should have an exemption from a rule that is applied to all players.

I donā€™t remember federer ever asking for an umpire to be banned when he didnā€™t get his way.

Also if you knew anything about tennis you would know why the courts were slowed down and you also know why they are being speeded up again.

Itā€™s a bullshit rule and one Federer has also violated in his career.

Once again, Nadal never asked for an umpire be banned, he just asked that he not officiate his matches again as he felt he has been black guarded by Bernandes and he is completely correct in his assertion. Bernandes makes calls against Nadal he does not consistently do to others.

Name another player on the tour that consistently breaks the time limit rule between points?

Nadal moans as well when he beaten and a player uses his own tactics against him.

The majority do.

Murray threw a tantrum in Monte Carlo last year about the length of time it was taking Nadal to serve. It turned out after the game that both players average time in between serving exceeded the limit.

Itā€™s a silly rule and only the weak would cite it as an excuse.

What do you think of Federer lying on baseline calls?

That confirms my suspicion that it was a racially motivated decision made by the Spaniard.

Settle down, please. Itā€™s only tennis. :tennis:

2 Likes

Everyone makes mistakes on line calls thatā€™s why hawkeye was brought in. If you played the game you would understand that. Federer doesnā€™t make line calls. Players do ask each other what do they think and usually take the players word for it. It is easy for a player to make the wrong call especially when you are hair widths on the call.

You are just over exaggerating to make your argument. I seen Nadal tell murray a ball was out when it was in. This was at the rome masters and i was at that match. So would say Nadal is cheating on line calls as well.

Tennis is a serious gladiator sport. :grinning:

Federer lied, mate. The mark proved it, Hawkeye then backed it up and he continued to lie. Not a mistake but blatant unashamed cheating.

was down MLTCC today with the kids and was talking to a few of the guys

the general feeling is that they are amazed Rafa & Roger have made it to the final and to a man they all hope Rafa wins

they are real tennis people

2 Likes

It was the same in Rome. Nadal pointed at the wrong spot. Even in yesterdayā€™s match mcenroe was questioning one of the Hawkeye calls on dimitrov because it was so close he couldnā€™t believe it was in.