Rory McIlroy, Number 3 golfer in The World and US Open 2024 runner up

In his defence he is always in the running. He just can’t finish. Definitely mental at this stage.

You’d think when you win 4 of them after the masters collapse nothing would phase him.

Onwards to Royal Troon.

Long time since he’s done it when it really mattered now

Tough one for Rory. Sport is cruel

Anyway I’m off to sleep. That was some evenings sport.

He sure does. Thats what true champions and hall of Famers do. Tiger was imperious. In other sports I’ve always marvelled at Tom Brady. He had 250 lbs 4.50 forty lads trying to kill him but he always stood up and made the play when it mattered most. I think everything just slows down for the greats. DeChambeau knew he just had to stay in the heel of the hunt because as sure as anything McIlroy would bottle it.

1 Like

Up against lad who couldn’t hit a fairway. I dont feel remotely sorry for him. He’s content with 2nd. If that woman has any self-respect she’ll shoot him

3 Likes

Lets not forget he chose a driver instead of a 3 on that 18th, that’s not a choke that’s just braindead.

Just the what 2 million dollars to cry into?

I’d take that kind of suffering :joy:

Joe Molloy already cribbing on Twitter. So unfair, so cruel etc.

No, it’s not. It’s top level sport and you have to earn it.

Some crumbs of comfort for the Rory Fanboys

That’s where you need a proper caddie to reel him in. He needs a Steve Williams on the bag.

The greats relish the pressure. It takes them to another level. It seems to squash poor Rors

1 Like

Caddie needed to say what the fuck are you at gimme that

1 Like

He’s not saying he didn’t earn it.

It’s never easy losing a big sporting occasion and particularly in those circumstances. Anyone would suffer from that. Too many people trying too hard to show a heart of stone these days.

I’m gutted lads. But we’re getting close. I can feel it.

It was a great sporting occasion, does anyone else agree?

2 Likes

This is inspirational from Bryson. USA USA USA

2 Likes

Bryson is one of the good guys

If he hadn’t spent most of the last few years getting involved as the shop steward in the LIV dispute he might have seen off the LIV golfer today and tapped in those gimme putts from three or four feet out.