[RT] Gala All-Ireland Camogie Championship preview

Clare would throw the kitchen sink at the jackeens alright, but I’d still expect Dublin to mop the floor with them.

Dead right. Defeat is not in their make up.

I see the camogie people don’t even take score difference into account when separating two teams who finish level on points in a round robin group.

Dublin finished F 51 A 57.

Clare finished F 59 A 72.

They can only be deliberately doing this for the publicity.

Camogie going through a period of uncertainty today.
But I suppose it goes in a cycle like that.

The Dublin girls have been known to get the hairdryer treatment at half time in games.

There was a row in the dressing room before the last match when the players realised they’d all have to wear the same outfit on the pitch.

2 Likes

Funny.

bantz

Des Cahill ‏@sportsdes 11h11 hours ago
Des Cahill retweeted Brendan Bugler
Totally agree… But an unfortunate metaphor all the same…!!

Brendan Bugler @brendanbugler
Message for Kk,Galway,Tipp,Wex &
Cork Camogie County Boards… will ye stand up, show some balls and get behind clare and Dublin #cointoss

They’re skirting around getting trounced by Wexford.

It seems that the nasty business has been sorted. I thought Camogie Association CEO Joan O’Flynn gave a very assured performance on OTB tonight and refused to be pushed around by Joe Molloy who seemed intent on prolonging the controversy, to the detriment of the women’s game. At one point she mugged him off so completely, that he was speechless, for a number of seconds, which is not a good state of affairs for a radio presenter.

2 Likes

Why has no Reporter questioned the idea of asking the Winner to play Wexford on Monday? Some load of bollix, a single days rest and play an AI qf on Monday.

2 Likes

Joe Molloy did this but Joan gave him his answer.

A day’s rest. What answer did she give him? Did she say they can go & fuck themselves?

She pointed out that it was only a game of Camogie and that it was highly unlikely that they would exert themselves so much that a days rest wouldn’t be more than adequate

3 Likes

Joan managed to talk for a hell of a long time without saying anything of merit whatsoever.

I haven’t heard this done quite so well since the many and seemingly endless “state of the nation” Dail speeches Brian Cowen made in the winter of 2010/2011.

1 Like