RTE Correspondents

I fear we will be midered listening to cunts talking about this topic for the next few months .

2 Likes

Things I learned today. Cheers, pal.

1 Like

“No mark minor celebrity Mr X took the metabolic age test…,.,you’ll never guess the result”
This could be more annoying that the ice bucket yoke

2 Likes

I’d imagine she’d 1/2 warm up runs and knew she wasn’t getting fucked over.
I’d be fairly sure she knew it wasn’t going to be into the 50’s at least. But no thanks.

She had it done in a pharmacy before she consented to have it done on live TV.

Claire is looking a bit worn these days.

John Kelly has a lad on picking the records for him on Lyric last night. He was a “music documentarian” called Myles O’Reilly. He was a harmless sounding poor craytur who by the sounds of it hadn’t done a tap of work in decades and only managed to get by through the forbearance of his wife and for having fallen in for a house through inheritance.

His father was Brendan O’Reilly who older forumites will remember as the long time presenter of Sports Stadium. Myles was interesting talking about his father. Brendan qualified to represent Ireland at the high jump in the Melbourne Olympics but in those days you had to pay your own way and he couldn’t afford to go. Brendan was also a frustrated song writer and had a stack of rejection letters from music publishers in his study. I do remember seeing him sing his own composition the Ballad of Michael Collins possibly on the Late Late Show.

He separated from the wife when Myles was very young. This was very rare at the time and it sounded acrimonious. The wife used to sit Myles in front of the Telly of a Saturday and say that’s your father there.

8 Likes

Brendan O’Reilly composed a ditty about GAA which the Wolfe Tones played at half-time at the 1991 All-Ireland hurling final, and I think at the football final too, because their on pitch rehearsal is featured in the documentary “Down For The Match”.

It went something like this:

It’s the spirit of the Gael that’s in our games
Be it north, south east or west
Gaelic games are far the best

I think I can pinpoint why he was a frustrated song writer

6 Likes

Is Sid john Waters?

Did he think the shot would be waist up only I wonder? Probably a team of stylists on the news as well and he comes out like that :joy:

Dreadful.

Did he not just run in from the rte bowling alley?

At least we know what @KinvarasPassion is up to these days

1 Like

Marian Richardson retiring after 40 years supping at the trough in RTÉ. 40 years and not a single memorable moment.

4 Likes

I am sure Ms Richardson is a grand but she played bits from the previous week’s radio .

I’ve never heard of her.

3 Likes

Will you fuck off outta that, Marion was the biggest non puppet star of RTEs most fondly remembered show, she’ll be remembered forever

1 Like