RTÉ - Radio Telifís Eireann

why the fcuk are they doing showing a rugby match between wales and south africa live next week…i wouldnt mind if it was a tournament or something but its a bleeding friendly.

ridiculous

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]why the fcuk are they doing showing a rugby match between wales and south africa live next week…i wouldnt mind if it was a tournament or something but its a bleeding friendly.

ridiculous[/quote]

what would you rather they show at three next saturday afternoon…another bond movie like last week…

I think they refer to them as “Test Matches” in the oval-balled game. They give them a different name to that in football (“friendlies”) and GAA (“practice matches”) as though they hold some extra significance. Pure marketing spin.

[quote=“The Puke”]what would you rather they show at three next saturday afternoon…another bond movie like last week…

[/quote]

why not ?

im not a big rugby fan so i wont be watching it anyway but if they showed a soccer friendly between say argentina and switzerland i would be equally flabbergasted.

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]why not ?

im not a big rugby fan so i wont be watching it anyway but if they showed a soccer friendly between say argentina and switzerland i would be equally flabbergasted.[/quote]

well i think it shows that you aren’t a fan, as two years ago they showed wales autumn international with australia and in 2005 wales game with new zealand (no autumn internationals last year due to world cup)…so it is hardly a first

dancing baby is from Fingal - of course he isnt a west brit kick & clap fan:rolleyes:

[quote=“The Puke”]well i think it shows that you aren’t a fan, as two years ago they showed wales autumn international with australia and in 2005 wales game with new zealand (no autumn internationals last year due to world cup)…so it is hardly a first

[/quote]

didnt know that puke but seriously do you not find it odd that an Irish station is showing a friendly between these 2 nations ??

its winter by the way

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]didnt know that puke but seriously do you not find it odd that an Irish station is showing a friendly between these 2 nations ??

its winter by the way[/quote]

i know it s winter, but they were called autumn internationals a few years ago, now they are being called the november tests…I wouldn’t say it is weird, no harm putting it on as most people will watch it on bbc otherwise, no point in giving them hand ratings…

let it go puke

ncc thing were going grand, don’t be trying to wind me i am not in the form:mad:…

[quote=“The Puke”]i know it s winter, but they were called autumn internationals a few years ago, now they are being called the november tests…I wouldn’t say it is weird, no harm putting it on as most people will watch it on bbc otherwise, no point in giving them hand ratings…

[/quote]

wouldnt it be alot easier to just call them friendlies ?

:stuck_out_tongue:

RTE are doing an 6 part mini-series on Shannon Airport giving viewers a unique insight into what goes on there.

Should be gripping

RTE are a fucking disgrace.

Why would you care? Do you not boycott it?

You deserve better for your licence fee alright

Big shoes to fill following in the footsteps of ITV’s groundbreaking show Luton Airport.

1 Like

I see they have a new reality TV show following around some Irish men who have joined the Australian Police. Garda down under or something I think it is called.

I stick on RTE’s Centary concert/show every now and again to get riled up… Just finishing up here and ive cried once again… What a show, what a country …what a people.

Ireland, Ireland, Ireland