The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

But it’s ok to pick a foreigner if he is playing for a franchise. Makes perfect sense.

5 Likes

Its not really. Its a clever negotiating tool

Players outside their control are only available for international windows. Irish franchises are obliged to release players for training camps and the entire 6N.

1 Like

He can’t play if he is out foreign because he will go soft and won’t be brave and faithful enough.

4 Likes

Stay with us for peanuts or you can’t play for the national team?

1 Like

Not the same thing but I appreciate any cut against nationalized cunts playing for Ireland

1 Like

It’s obviously a great move for him monetarily but I’m not sure how good it will be for him rugbywise. He’s a big fish in a small pond over here and has been feted for a few champagne moments, possibly more than he deserves. He’ll be targeted for sure and his tackling was never his strongest point anyway(although it did improve a lot in the last 18 months which shows he’s at least willing to work at his game). I think he’ll struggle a bit to be honest.
I’d like him to do well though.

Didn’t Sexton have it written into his Racing contract that he would be free for Ireland camps as well? Obviously they made an exception for him.

He’s obviously got a lot of French links, and wants to experience another culture. Its not a surprise really. He’s never lacked confidence and feels he’s worth more. I say best of luck to him, he’s never really been appreciated in Ireland or Munster, I suspect he will be once he’s gone. Cant have been an easy decision, with a young family, etc either.

He did, it didn’t exactly work out though regardless.

I think he has been appreciated.

He is not as flair as people make out either.

A few years of working with the boring bastard Schmidt and chasing Garryowens and burying yourself in rucks will do that to you.

1 Like

What?

What improvement?

What part of Italy is Ian McKinley from?

Obviously not. But it would be interesting if he managed to get it written in. Still think they’d blank him.

any good stories about him Kev?

Doubt he’d have the same clout as a Sexton in that regard.

Most of his stories are public domain really. I xame across him in GAA and he was an ass. I came across him in town socially and he was an ass. I have been told by people who played with him that he is an ass (now they could be generational issues)
And i thought he was a pretty shit Pro for quite a while and very immature.

He did put in a good last few years though, that has to be said.

I have it on good authority that he is a wanker.

he was an awful little bollix when he was a young lad anyway

Werent we all.

1 Like