The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Phil’s family house is 50 yards from Thomond park. He used to be a great man for watching the games on tv out his back garden with the sound down.

1 Like

I’ll look at it again later, might have the number wrong. Grosso is the wrong colour

1 Like

It was handy parking for you also when taking your dates to the rugby

7 Likes

Internationals bit tighter alright but still plenty good games. 3 southern hemisphere players and 20 through the academy for Leinster there today. Missing Carbery, Ringrose, O brien, Heaslip, Ruddock, O Laughlin, Byrne amongst others. Ridiculous conveyor belt of talent up there.

Probably another 10 lads let go from there playing with other teams over the weekend too.

Isea Toivea was full back thats prob the lad

:joy:

:thinking:

Stop now ffs

I Believe the lad is well able to talk rugby (he knew Keith Earls when he was young) around mrs sullivans dinner table when the need arises…a diplomat with no shame

1 Like

Check out @threeredkings’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/threeredkings/status/952627777609654273?s=09

His own house isn’t too far in the other direction

1 Like

18 leinster academy 1 munster and 1 connacht :blush:

The jersey was a tight fit

1 Like

Ha ha ffs. Hes a fair size

Yeah about 10 in the other provinces.

Scary that next year an international quality back row who made a huge impact today in Murphy is basically being allowed to walk away. Rumours continue Carberry will be self up to Ulster as well for a loan spell. There’s alreay a lot of Leinster talent elsewhere and it is only getting bigger.

Basically now the only NH team that competes with Kiwi provinces for really over producing talent. The mad thing is that I think they’re probably only mining the current schools and clubs to about 60% of what they’re capable of. Improved coaching in schools will just make things better and better. More schools are looking to play as well.

1 Like

Tadgh Beirne Ciaran Gaffney and Dominic Ryan also played off top of my head.

Saracens academy has produced serious quality as well over last 5 years. Those two out ahead of rest.

Fellas telling us Irish rugby was dead a thousand times over the last 5 years ffs :joy::joy:

Sarries have produced a serious amount of high quality players but I doubt they export nearly to the levels Leinster do.

St Michael’s have 10 players now in the squad, mental shit. They were joe average with notions about themselves being a power 10 years ago.

We need to get rid of this Schmidt cunt, once we do, we’ll be unstoppable.

Leinster are at a massive advantage with the number of schools they have that take rugby seriously and then the money that some of those schools put into the game.

1 Like