The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

My old stomping ground … I’m heart broken for all the loyal fans that frequent pubs like Dricos. Real rugby men and women who even stay quite when kickers are kicking towards the posts.

1 Like

He needs zebo to hold the other end up.

1 Like

No

The Cookies must be gutted.

That was a nice touch by the lad on the hat trick to give the captain a try.

The rugby equivalent of a GAA team taking a handy point when they are through on goal and hammering their opponents.

Ray Cumminsesque

1 Like

I was thinking more smiling Nicky English.

For the credibility of the sport it was important there weren’t two Irish teams in a ‘European’ Cup Final.

Just thinking you’d be fairly sick if you backed that lad to score a hat trick :astonished:

But not if you’d backed the captain to score a try.

Indeed

It’s pretty much the way things are going. Ulster and Munster teams will soon be almost entirely made up of Leinster rejects and South Africans. Luckily most of them will have grown up secretly wishing to play for the province and so the 16th man can stay giving them their full (financial) backing.

1 Like

I hate to admit it but you ain’t a million miles off there

How crucial do you reckon ?

You can’t be having Munster teams with names like Sam Arnold, Alex Wooton, Robin Copeland, Stephen Archer and Jean Kleyn etc.

You need granite-hewn forwards picked up from the docks of Limerick city, the rolling hills of east Kerry, the dog rough pubs of Tipperary Town, the stony fields of Clare and the backstreets of Cork, and they need to have names like Mick Clohessy, Johnny McCarthy, Jimmy O’Connell, Dan Buckley, and Musha Crowley.

Well I think it was the winning and losing of it.

Wrong. Like most of the spite you spout.

How long before the media start telling us the lengths the Leinster fans are going to in order to get to Bilbao ?

Leinster fans can afford to pay the inflated air fares so it’s a non runner.

2 Likes