The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

I see Wexford GGA underage footballer Brian Deeny joined Clontarf rubby and is now in the Ireland U20 squad.

I’m sure you know the answer.

I wouldn’t know the first thing about Coolmine RFC to be honest.

No winners here. Unfortunately rubby appears to be cursed with severe racism and ageism problems.

Smear campaign underway against Zebo from the suits

It’s a sick sport.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/gerry-thornley-world-league-could-seriously-devalue-the-six-nations-1.3773877%3Fmode=amp

I’m headed to Edinburgh to support the guys if anyone fancies hooking up for a couple of heinos Cc @bandage @rocko @Fagan_ODowd

4 Likes

I’m hoping they use the dog leg D cc @myboyblue

They’ll have to have the can opener well sharpened

I’ll have to Google that.
I’ll need some more phrases so I can hold my own in conversation though.
So far I only know scrambled D and dogleg D, though I don’t know what either actually means.
I can speak knowledgeably about fronting up and massive physicality. The guys also love the phrase “no right to” as in “he had no right to make that tackle”. The fact that the player in question had every right to make such a play within the laws of the game is confusing however.

“Jackal” seems to be the word to throw around these days.

When would you throw that in? The lads were like jackals outside the chip shop that time?

Indeed.

Not sure to be honest
You don’t want to use it at wrong time, twould be a dreadful faux-pas
I’m sure someone here can advise of time/context to use

You could throw in “scoreboard separation” - if one is on top but not scoring “team x needs to generate some scoreboard separation”

2 Likes

Well they are playing rugby…

1 Like

“Latching on” at ruck time is a favourite of Donners

John knows.

Schmidtout.

I’ve just remembered there’s a thing called truck and trailer to do with a maul but I’m not sure what it means.