The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Who did they get a free pass from?

Sometimes you earn a pass though if you have played well for a prolonged period. Saili has been shit for most of two seasons and is the highest paid player in the squad. He was also playing in the most important position defensively on the pitch and failed miserably at his task.

Earls and Conway the only two players for me who didn’t make a holy show of themselves

Earls? How many tries were scored down his wing? 4 was it? I wonder did it occur to him at any stage to throw in an ould tackle.

Thornley singles Sailli out today, so did you on Saturday. Hilariously Thornley refers to Sailli shooting up out of the line and blaming him because O’Mahony followed him.

Tell me this if Sailli is so shit for 2 years why was he picked and how did he manage to be MOTM for the semi final. It looks to me like there is no one quite like the Munster fans for turning on an outsider. He’s this years Keatley.

3 Likes

You’re in fine form this morning Fagan. I wouldn’t be as educated on it as you, but I thought there were times Conway was fed to the wolves by Sailli’s positioning. Also, that clearance kick from Sailli in the opening 10 minutes was dreadful and he should have been shot for it. Earls and Conway regularly were faced by 4 attackers over the course of that opening half. Which one do you reckon they should have thrown in the “ould tackle” into?

Saying that, I haven’t read as many of the reports on the game, or any, to know who or who isn’t being blamed for it, but I don’t think many came out of it with any credit, when you’re about 40 points down at one stage in a final, you’d imagine nobody should get much credit.

I’m after a feed of beef. I’m ready for allcomers. @backinatracksuit better stay in his box today or his progress as an Internet hardman could hit the buffers.

4 Likes

Thats great Monday morning fare. Have you been out on the road yet? I’d say you’ll be bumping the bad drivers thread any minute now, its wicked out there.

The 13 leads the defence. He shoots up others follow. That’s how it works. If you don’t go with him you are double fucked. He played very well in the semi final but I will judge him on his form over two seasons. As for why he was picked for the final, Jaco Taute has played 23 times this season on the back of a full season in South africa. He can barely walk at this stage.

Blaming the wingers for not tackling is the equivalent for taking off the corner forward in hurling

The entire Munster back line was filleted on Saturday . Each Llanelli attacker seemed to beat a defender with ease with regularity . It was crazy . At one point 60 points looked a possibility for Llanelli .

I was out earlier. I was going to go for a spin on the bike but it was too wet. No bad driving to report.

1 Like

You surely don’t expect much from me between the hours of 9 and 3 mate?

I love when the anti rugby brigade go into such detail to have a cut that we end up with a robust debate over defensive strategies.

2 Likes

I presume you have wifi in the staff room for your elevenses. Except when you are on yard duty.

2 Likes

love?

thanks for posting that
ill watch it tonight

Yeah one of my fave things

Some bollix of a season for the Irish provinces in the end.

1 Like

Nigel Owens wont be invited to do as many after dinner speeches after refereeing the Munster match with impartiality.

2 Likes

4k euro a pop i am led to believe not including his flights and hotel to pay his expenses for an evening
he seems a horrible needy sort of man

4 Likes

Jaysus the future doesn’t look great. Twenty mins in at the U20 world cup and down 12 nil to Italy

1 Like

Great to see people following it. After getting to the Final last year I’d expect a down year.

Its amazing what you hear on Limericks Live 95 …well not amazing really. They are big into the ould rugbee.