The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Its been a long day since the Lions this morning.

Rousing rendition of Ireland’s Call there from Paul Byrom
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-utW1Oke1tGI/UwGUO3BiBUI/AAAAAAAAAIc/93_XeWJJQtY/s1600/AlbumCoverTOH++.jpg

at the Red Bull Arena in New Jersey.

Smashing stadium

http://www.chrissewell.info/pictures/na/newjersey/newjersey0030.jpg

Carbery and Ringrose :+1:

That appears to be an association football game mate

1 Like

Stock picture

Earls in after 2 min

Toland just described how they “concertinaed” the Eagles line…

The IRFU sticking two fingers up to the new rules about overseas recruitment with their latest development squad

Is that not the current starting squad?

3 Likes

Ah no, shur all the Irish players who are any use are playing with Britain this month.

1 Like

They look like the women that @Tassotti likes to post in The Lovely Ladies Thread.

2 Likes

Fred Cogley, Rest in Peace.

I often turned his commentary off in favour of Bill McClaren but he was a gent nonetheless.

2 Likes

I was in the Spencer Dock area today and saw this emblazoned on the side wall of PwC. Are the young team taking part in a competition soon?

Over , they were taken apart .

Thats some terrible posture right there

Good that @Appendage has discarded the short sleeve shirts at least. They have that jersey up the whole time, even when they’re not playing.

What are the Japanese insinuating about Irish Rugby?

I see BT sports have sole rights to the European rugby from 18/19 season. Was a shambles shared across two subscriptions

Some live rights going back FTA as well which is good news.

1 Like

Are Sky fucked?
What have they left, a diminished EPL fixture list and Golf?

They still have the southern hemisphere rugby, Top 14 and Pro12 ( although v rare the Irish sides not on FTA)

I would rarely watch the golf and never the soccer.

Apparently they are moving to a sport based subscription so for e.g. if just interested in rugby it will all be on sky sports rugby and you can pay for that channel alone

They have most of their Premier League soccer but paid so much for it that they don’t have a pot to piss in. Combine that with the lowering of subscribers and they can’t get into bidding wars.

They’ve just resigned with the ECB though.

You know how it’ll work though. 30 quid a month for one sport, 35 quid a month for all of them.*

• I’m pulling the figures out of my arse.