The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Yeah pretty much my thoughts, I think if you subscribe just for golf or cricket you’ll be laughing but anymore than that and it will work out the same.

It won’t be sky sports rugby. It will be sky sports arena and rugby will be lumped in with all the other minority sports. The dedicated channels will be soccer x2 golf cricket and f1.

4 Likes

Ooooooofffftttt.

Some load of bollox. 2 fucking subscriptions to watch sport. Cunts are gouging fans but lads like @The_Runt are creaming themselves over the latest big money transfer to their beloved Liverpool and he too fucking thick to realise he is paying for it along with the rest of the mugs.

1 Like

There isn’t enough content for sport specific channels unless you’re soccer, golf or cricket.

Bt is free if you have eir which is great. Otherwise I wouldn’t pay for it.

Free to Eir

Apparently the whole sports and movies thing is more of a lure to the broadband, which is where all the profit is.
I object to subsidising epl soccer. I despise it, and all it stands for.

1 Like

Sky latest deal is 11m per EPL game.

Clubs like Liverpool are subsidising the West Broms

Has anybody switched to Now TV

Now TV is a con in Ireland, no chromecast or PS4 functionality like in the UK. No reason except they have some proper competition over there.

I could though in the future see myself using it. In terms of Sky v BT you can pretty much break it down to one off events/comps, season long watches and secondary watches.

Sky still dominate the first (Ashes, Lions, Golf majors, Ryder Cup, ICC World Cup, rugby/football internationals) but for me in terms of being a 12 month subscriber- with the Champions Cup now there I would prefer BT. I don’t give a shit about Premier League football generally. I’d watch the odd match but that’s it. I don’t care for the GAA. All I’d really lose out on as a regular watcher would be the Pro12 and that’s one game per week that I mostly don’t even watch anymore. In terms of secondary events, I have NFL Gamepass so don’t care much for their coverage. I love the Super Rugby games being on regularly but BT/Eir have MLB, NBA, NHL, College football and the NRL. I’d also rather watch a Champions League quarter or semi final than a Premier League match.

I wouldn’t actually drop Sky but if I had to choose- it would be a flip of the coin for me.

BT have the forthcoming Ashes in Australia. They have rights for all Australia’s home test series.

Personally I think Sky and BT will end up cannibalising each other.

Aye sorry yeah they do. But realistically I’m not going to be watching much of that. A match from down under is okay but not a Test match.

And he hates the sun too

1 Like

So do you by the looks of it. On a long haul wife buying trip and hiding inside in case your pasty head gets scalded :sunny::sunny:

7 Likes

Outstanding banter.

:joy:[quote=“gilgamboa, post:2441, topic:6151, full:true”]

So do you by the looks of it. On a long haul wife buying trip and hiding inside in case your pasty head gets scalded :sunny::sunny:
[/quote]

:joy:

I’m Italian mate

1 Like

What’s the thinking behind letting two dud South African franchises into the Pro12?

That it couldn’t be worse than it currently is

I think this was alway going to happen . SA is more of less equidistant to Europe and Anzacs . There is only a 2 hour time gap from GMT . There are plenty of saffers in Europe now too . Great .