Rugby - June 2016 End of season meaningless friendlies

A few shamed the nation. The limerick man Cronin was inspirational when he came on.

Awful pass from Reddan

They were out on their feet from playing with 14 men (13 for 10 mins) 2 weeks ago and at altitude last week.

I hope he’s more clinical in the aircraft industry for his family’s sake.

In fairness to Ireland the air down there at sea level was very thick and you could see it had an effect there at the end.

Lolz

Half baked dribble eh Timothy ??

I nailed it :ronnyroar:

Apology accepted

1 Like

No altitude in Oz

:rollseyes: what did Earls do wrong there? Tackler never released. Wrong decision to pass to him.

Complaining about a 12 month season is laughable. Sure they were home early from the world cup, the 6 nations was over early for most and no provinces made it to latter stages of Heineken Cup or whatever it’s called. How many games would the Irish players have played in comparison to the English players who hammered Australia, won the 6 nations, and have a much longer and more demanding club season?

Its a terrific achievement for England to win a test series in Australia for the first time, a feat which Ireland incidentally first achieved 37 years ago in 1979. There’s no comparison to the toughness of a tour of South Africa and Australia though. England have never won a test series in South Africa, nor have Australia. New Zealand only achieved a test series win in South Africa for the first time in 1996, almost a century on from New Zealand playing their first test match. That’s the scale of the achievement which an injury ravaged and depleted Irish touring party almost pulled off against all the odds.

Almost - they are excellent at that

History makers. First Irish touring side to win a test match in South Africa. Alone they stand.

I’d say the workload of someone like Heaslip would be similar enough to Vunipola now for example. Maybe BV played few extra games this season but the top English players get plenty rotation as well at this stage as club contracts subsidised by RFU

Heaslip played 31 games this year. Which I would consider a lot. Maro Itjoe played 28 by comparison (and won all 28)

Ireland U20’s beaten 45-21 in the World Cup Final by an outstanding England side.

Was there today. A very very strong englandside, but was proud to be Irish. They left absolutely nothing behind them. A really gutsy performance against a bigger older looking team.
Ireland have more scope for improvement both individually and as a team.
Fair play to them, they died with their boots on.

3 Likes

The important June test matches about to get under way in Auckland as New Zealand face France in the first test of the Steinlager Series.

Great start from France as they mug the All Blacks off for an early try.

Ireland will win next years World Cup. For the first time ever we have the best squad on the planet.

Crotty should have gone left and attacked teddy Thomas.