Rugby Summer Tour

No loss. He’s shit.

I’d guess Lowry now a bench option to cover 10 as well maybe so possibly minding him.

Jean Kleyn should be called up to add ballast.

Earls is about 3 years older than Mulcahy even. He’s showing some longevity. Would Mack Hansen be a potential starter on the wing on Saturday I wonder? No sign of him in the team there.

It seems Mack has Covid actually.

Earls starts for first test

Faz and the brains trust pick rest of team along expected lines

Madness

1 Like

No Mack Hansen or Jimmy O’Brien

Mack has Covid I think. Not really thinking long-term with the Earls selection. Although we’re only about 15/16 months out from the World Cup now so he might make it. Thought Adam Byrne from Leinster would have been the real deal on the wing by now but he never kicked on.

Well if they wanted to play earls here why not play Lowry during the week?

Carbery is covering the back three so presumably the alternative was him at full back and Keenan on the wing. New Zealand got a lot of joy down Keith’s wing in the bits of the Maori match that I saw.

Ireland with a more settled team but you’d imagine that New Zealand will be better served from having more experimentation.

Handicap is 11 points. If forced to pick would probably go with NZ -11

I think Ireland will go close on Saturday. I haven’t really sat down too much yet and looked at it but the Māori game was odd. It’s like Farrell sent them out with no instructions to see who would sink and who would swim.

Like the pack was basically provincial subs. That prendergast lad is a nothing player. If you’d jack o Donghue and Ross Moloney there you’d have have had some semblance of organisation. No line out caller either which is always a disaster. A ten who never plays ten as well. It was a totally disjointed team.

I’d still expect Ireland to match New Zealand 1-8 on Saturday. As always the first 30 minutes will be crucial. the boks are amazing at it. Getting hockeyed but they hang in there and then turn the screw. We can be 13-3 down or 25 nil down and it’ll depend on how tough are Ireland. If we hang in there like the French game in the six nations I think we’ll end up going close enough.

I’d say England in 03 were the last northern hemisphere team to beat New Zealand in New Zealand ? 19 years is a long time.

1 Like

That must have taken you ages

Apart from the Lions yeah

What is that supposed to be?

An eyesight test

4 Likes
1 Like

Michael Bent doing the warm up with Ireland here

Number 27 is bent?