Rugby Summer Tour

Always great to have these games on at 8 am.

1 Like

Scott Robertson’s bizarre haircut and Fawlty style antics in the coaching box are a welcome addition to TEST MATCH rugby.

Poor Furbank took some punishment there.

Is this a three match series?

1 Like

That New Zealand commentator is the voice of summer Saturday mornings at 8:05am.

Right thru to 8pm today with france argies.

Spoilt for sport yhis weekend. Tis fucking class!

Am off down to watch my.young lad hurling thomastown who are up ahead of the sem final.

What a weekend ahead!

3 Likes

2 match. England played Japan last week.

1 Like

Ffs I’d have bet England on the handicap if I knew that!!

Had in my mind Ireland getting hockeyed week 1 and then beating them the 2nd week

2 Likes

Sounds like England let that one slip in Dunedin.

1 Like

Marcus Smith very uncharacteristic goal kicking cost big. He will be under a bit of pressure now as Finn Smith has all the characteristics of the traditional English ten and is well able to play too

1 Like

New Zealand were all over them for the 20 minutes I saw of it.

England could easily have won it. Smith left easy points behind them. New Zealand’s two try’s in the first half were fierce soft as well.

1 Like

Is that saints 10? Very composed,.playbthe percentages 10. Smith could be getting shunted

1 Like

Yeah, he did Munster there in Thomond off the bench iirc and that’s when I first became aware of him. Don’t know is he quite as good with the ball in hand (who could be?) but the overall package might be more appealing. Forde is injured but they were going with the two lads apparently anyway. I’d love to see Forde for a year at Connacht. I think he’d help them immensely, they’re supposed to be bringing a Kiwi.

The RFU see Marcus Smith as a player who could be the next Dan Carter commerciallty but the reality is his goal kicking is not good enough and his game management is poor, he kicked the ball away three times today as England were on the edge of the 22 on go forward ball.

The younger Smith looked like your typical blue chip English ten there with some soft hands also. They should build around him.

1 Like

I saw Smith against Bordeaux away there in the H Cup with Harlequins and he was just immense, but that was a big L he took there today. He was loose kicking out of hand as well there as you mention

1 Like

New Zealand didn’t win a World Cup with beuden Barrett at 10. Australia tried a couple of these mavericks. Even Rassie had one and he binned him. McKenzie again today too.

It’s so difficult to win with that sort of out half in modern rugby. Defences will eat you alive. Smith is in that category too.

2 Likes

They have signed a bang average Irish qualified ten from the hurricanes.

1 Like

Hopefully Joe Schmidt Wallabies will fillet Gattys boys here now

Last thing they need is another middle of the road running ten. JJ was doing grand there before the injury. Carty is completely gone.

1 Like

I’m mixed up actually Aiden Morgan is the hurricanes ten he is going to ulster…otere black supposed to be going to connacht

1 Like

I saw a pic of the kid alright and he looked Maori. I’d love a traditional Northern Hemisphere ten there that will play the conditions and settle them down.