Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Be the lord whoever yer wan is on the rte highlights show, sheā€™s calling bullshit on the positive spin from the interviews.

Itā€™s all about the Points Exchange system rating mateā€¦ Only a mug would go off the position in the rankings alone.

Is it Fiona Steed

I think sheā€™s quite good at dā€™oul analysis

The analysis of the Womenā€™s World Cup was very good actually

The analysts laid into the team, which was good to hear, because they were shit

Thatā€™s Leinstertainment

https://twitter.com/evanfanning/status/1179733858704662529?s=19

2 Likes

Any chance the rubby fans go native and never come back?

Who said only 10 countries only played rugby? Thought it was something like 96 entrants for this World Cup at the start of the qualification phase.

All that is true but they are way down the charts in the obesity index so itā€™s a non-starter.

Stay to the end

1 Like

Ditto the Netherlands given the SA connections

Am I getting this right ? The Fanningā€™s from the Sindo gene pool thinking they are edgy by taking the piss of D4 rugby people.

1 Like

Shooter McGavin :clap:

It seems @the_man_himselfā€™s question went unanswered by the rugby set yesterday

Paddy loves the banter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/life/high-roller-the-extraordinary-story-of-the-irish-postman-who-gambled-10m-and-stole-1-75m-at-work-36624072.html

1 Like

Paddy are cunts. I feel sorry for simpletons with accounts with them.

what games are on today?

The Irish soccer team deserve a huge amount of credit for their performances in World Cups, as far as I can see we have only lost three games all to Italy, Holland and Mexico out of 13 matches and have always made it out of the group stages. We have gotten results against top sides like England in 90 and finalists Italy in 1994 and Germany in 2002.

Compare this to the rugby crowd who lost at least 2 games in every world cup up except the 2011 and 2015 version but were then hockeyed in the quarter finals. Some of these defeats even happened despite having home advantage which as we heard last weekend is a huge factor.

15 defeats in 37 games for the rubby crew - 40% defeat rate

3 in 13 for the soccer - Comes in around 23%

11 Likes

What relevance has the 3 out of 21 soccer World Cups that Eire have qualified for and the 2 out of 13 matches they won when they were there, have to the 2019 Rugby World Cup?

6 Likes

Choco asked what games are on today you prick, answer him

By my count the rubby boys have a 100% defeat record in knockout games as well.

The soccer team have only lost 2 of their four knockout games by my count, obviously I am not counting penalty shootouts as wins or losses as @GeoffreyBoycott used to be at pains* to point out that they are a lottery and donā€™t count as defeats

*same pains he used to get when shitting his pants before the Dublin marathon

4 Likes

A crunch pool match in Pool B - South Africa v Italy. Itā€™s de facto knockout. The losers will be as good as out.