Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

@BarneyCurley mugged off pretty badly here

What a win.

Tis coming together at the right time you’d have to say. We’ll still be up against it in the quarter final but we’ve a good chance, particularly if it somehow transpires that we end up playing the Saffers.

No doubt they will, they will strive to entertain and shur the result will then follow.

Ah this is great. Two weeks after losing to a pub team the hype is ratcheting up again.

Good result really, able to get lads off once result was secured.
Was a lottery as regards injuries playing on that surface.

A 0-0 draw in Tlblblsisi would be perfect.

This is brilliant.

Mike on his day off is posting goodo about a game & team he hates.

Go Mike :rofl:

3 Likes

Couple of shots on target etc would be pleasing too please God.

1 Like

Congratulations to Coach Schmidt and the Ireland team on reaching the quarter finals.

1 Like

While Ireland will rightly be outsiders against New Zealand (or South Africa) I think they’ll be going into the quarter-final in decent enough nick

A loss is not a bad thing to have suffered, and they’ve had two wins since then

There is something about the Irish psyche that makes them more dangerous when they’re written off

It promotes a nothing to lose mentality and historically that’s where Ireland have always been most dangerous

Ireland’s best quarter-final performance, in 1991, came off the back of a defeat the previous week

I think they have it in them to put in a big performance in the quarter-final, whether that will be enough is another thing entirely

5 Likes

They will wonder then why they have a heart attack in their 40s. Years of anger and spite blocking their arteries :man_shrugging:

Bold prediction. Quoted for posterity.

Great chance for you to make a nice few quid. Id say youd get a savage price on the all blacks yo score 60 or 70. Not to mind the ton. Go for it

Except for my sister and her husband I hope?

1 Like

If Japan lose to Scotland would this mean Eire will top the group and therefore avoid NZ in QFs?

Yes.

1 Like

Picture of the sis??

3 Likes

It’s fascinating the amount of time the rugby haters invest in watching rugby. I’d be a big rugby man myself but no chance of getting two hours to watch rugby at 11.45 on a sunny Autumn Saturday. I’ll watch it back later.

1 Like

Wed a match ourselves at 10 so got to watch most of it in the clubhouse after. Cracking morning to be out and about and part of the rubby community

1 Like

Myself and two other fathers agreed after swimming that it was madness to bring the world cup to Japan in middle of typhoon season and that the poor Italians were very hard done by.

1 Like