Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Tremenjus

I love the made up bit where Doyler is riding a woman behind a stone wall and a group of nuns look over the wall and Doyler shouts “Howya nuns”

4 Likes

Franno laments the shoddy preparation but is it not true that subsequent Irish teams have done no better than the 87 team?

2 Likes

Franno on dunphys podcast Is a must a listen. Him telling the story about being in the Irish dressing room in Paris in springtime and looking around seeing lads and saying to himself I’ll never see you again :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@GeoffreyBoycott.

In regard to the franno take on games in Paris in his time wasn’t there a lot of 1 cap ( or so) wonders who played in a Paris hiding and were subsequently shitcanned . I am thinking Derek mcaleese , don whittle , Paul Hogan .

Wan cap wonders

Franno with a dig at the imports today cc @myboyblue

Franno is my puppet.

At least they all got a cap. Emmet O’Rafferty was selected to win his first cap against France in Paris in 1978. He was forced to cry off injured the morning of the match and was never capped subsequently.

More and more looking like we will have no project player in our starting 15. Great news for the nationalistic guys on here

Too late. The damage is done.

Before that incident he was called Emmet Rafferty

1 Like

Thats what the nationalistic lads who take their cues from Franno think alright

You’re windmilling. The project players have been a failure as you have pointed out, and have curtailed the ooportunities for born and bred Irishmen within the Irish set up. Joe Schmidt has destroyed Irish rugby.

Thats the nationalistic line on it alright

You’re a beaten docket, like Schmidt.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind Franno was the windiest fecker to ever put on a green jersey numbered between 1-8. He went hiding many a times when it got tough.

I saw macaleese play at 10 for Ballymena against Con in temple Hill in Feb 1992.
He was outstanding with the boot and I think kicked 4 penalty goals in Paris

2 Likes

The Ruck Inspector

3 Likes

I specifically remember listening to the RTE radio report of this game in a car on the way back from playing a four team hurdling tournament on a bog of a pitch in Lucan Sarsfields’ ground

It was February 29th, 1992 and Cork Con avoided relegation by winning that game

The reporter emphasised that the crowd had carried Cork Con to victory

Kilkenny legend Leicester Ryan was in attendance at our hurdling tournament and was in the bar afterwards eating sandwiches

1 Like

Franno and Doyler has a fair aul feud there for a few years in the 90s .