Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Brilliant article here about Ken O’Connell. A mad cunt but one of the nicest fellas you could meet. A funny funny man. Kev used to know him and his brothers well…

1 Like

He was a hard cunt

Its a smart move by schidmt to have the likes of stander and kleyn around the squad with a likely q/f v the boks coming up. They’ll have serious inside info.

As will Felix Jones

Agent Felix is another masterstroke.

Total overreaction to the England result. Think conan starts now and scannell too.

Agreed. these games are a pure cod

Ireland trained like mental in Portugal. England have to be close to peak for France and Argentina. Ireland have about 6 weeks to get right.

I didnt see anything of the game last weekend but mentioned here that England seem to have hit their straps very early. They are not playing Arg until 5th oct.

Its an interesting approach to get them so ready so early. I wouldn’t be an expert on team prep by any means. But I wouldn’t have thought it was the norm. They do have 5 or 6 absolutely top class players, if they can keep them fit they will be a handful

They have a just over 3 weeks. We have two toughest games first. The scheduling suits Japan. They will see ourselves and Scots play first and know which game they need to target. If we beat Scots the Japanese will probably target them

Well be in 1/4 dan. It’s very possible Schmidt is working back from it. Does it really matter know if we win or lose Against the scots? It’s getting to a point where nz/ South Africa is a 50/50 game.

I dont think it matters a whole pile who we playing 1/4s but a defeat against the scots would be a lot bigger issue than maybe finishing 2nd in pool. Would be an awful shot to confidence…and facing hosts then needing to win to stay in comp…no thanks

He is definitely targeting first two games and can work towards 1/4 then

Ireland will be playing one of the two best teams in the world in the quarter final the weekend of 19/20 October. Much of a muchness as to whether it’s New Zealand or South Africa. That’s what Coach Schmidt is targeting.

2 Likes

I wish I shared your unshakable confidence Geoff. Its a comfort to me

“Hit their straps” is a wonderful phrase beloved of rugby journalists.

1 Like

We had a teacher in national school who used the phrase almost on a daily basis.

1 Like

Who are likely semi final opponents on the 27th? I will be in Vilamoura that weekend for the Portuguese Masters and will need to plan where I will watch the game before heading to to the golf.

1 Like

What ranking are we?

Four

Could be number 1 Saturday