Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Good result and good performance. Besty and Murray played well. Kilcoyne going very well. Ireland ticking along well.

Iā€™d be slightly concerned that we edged past a less interested welch team at home, with a plethora of 50/50 decisions going our way.
As against this, the welch are good.

Hugely encouraging performance. Wales pride themselves on physicality but Ireland dominated the contact both in defence and attack.

More of the usual dirge from Schmidt

Thats half using @glasagusban calculator

Good to see youā€™re glued to it as perā€¦

2 Likes

Maybe you should ask the soccerball crowd that question.

1 Like

What was the score?

I hope nobody got injured. I was out and about getting some fresh air will watch it later in fast fwd. I canā€™t believe the interest in this match from the haterz and the trollzā€¦many seem to have given up their Saturday to it even though they dislike rugby, Schmidt, Schmidt tactics, the IRFU policies, the anthem, most of the players. They must be really really short of something else in their lives

Sounds like Ireland are coming to the boil nicely. Itā€™s all about 6 weeks time and been right for the quarter final against New Zealand or South Africa.

Nothing else on mate.

Wad the telly your only option? Jesus thats grim

Heā€™s delicate after his two glasses of red last night, the petal

1 Like

19-10 but apart from the score there was a definite up trend in the Irish performance and Wales were never really in the game. Ireland hugely physical and mixed up the attack well. A couple of line out jitters but encouraging day all round

1 Like

Two words: Dave Kearney

I was listening to Michael Corcoranā€™s commentary and he was telling us thaat despite Wales having just come back from an intensive two week fitness camp in a foreign location I cant remember the identity of, they looked off the pace

You donā€™t have to be Colombo to work out that Wales were likely below par precisely because of that fitness camp

At least that was the excuse given for Irelandā€™s awful performance in Twickenham

Bottom line is you can usually read sod all into these games - you can only construct a retrospective narrative about them based on World Cup results

Did they need subtitles so?

Aaaacccchhh no

Does this mean that Ireland are the no.1 ranked team in the world now?

If so, whatā€™s all this talk about failing to get past the quarter-finals then?

Ireland are surely the odds-on favourites to win the tournament if they are the no.1 side in the world.

1 Like

Kearney played superb in the game vs France.