Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Ah lovely

If I were them, quite seriously, I’d get rid of Eddie now, and go for Paul o connell

:hushed:

Went well for them the last time they plonked a legendary 2nd row with no relevant experience into the job alright

“legendary” :rofl:

2 Likes

If you can’t see the difference between an insider who was still bessiers with half the dead wood, and an outsider who is not only bright, but wouldn’t give a fuck about sensibilities then there’s little point discussing it, but I’m sure you can.

I know one of the two of them would be far far too smart to take on a job hes not remotely qualified for

For 1.5 million a year he’d be smart to turn it down? When pretty much the worst that could happen is he’d get paid out early and go home. Are you serious?
“qualified for”?
It’s rugby ffs, not a footsie 100.

Went well for the Irish U20’s.

1 Like

Johnno delivered England the 2011 Championship, their first since 2003.

U20 rugby is even more of a lottery than Senior, at which stage the drugs have evened out a bit.
Look, England’s main problem is that they only have one World class player, and they don’t play him. Not a single one of the English 15 that started against SA would I put on the Irish team, but they just need someone to tell them to go out and play rugby like their lives depend on it, not point at lumbering pods from the base of a ruck. They are big and strong enough that it should at least be hard to beat them. It’s not even that at the minute. Anyone would fail as manager given that the rfu actually think they should win the wc.

1 Like

Instead of a coach it sounds like they need better players. Why dont they do what the Orish do and get them in South Africa?

3 Likes

They’ve tried that too.

Strange comment. I think it was 14 of the 15 starters for Ireland on Saturday in Melbourne were born in Ireland and all 15 resident in Ireland.

What about the first friendly, pal?

Cc @flattythehurdler

There will be great excitement in the Greater Manchester Area this afternoon.

Crucial World Cup qualifier between Samoa and Germany coming up. The Prime Minister of Samoa is getting pretty pumped up over this.

Samoa enter Saturday’s 2019 Rugby World Cup qualifier first leg against Germany in Apia on foot of a stinging rebuke from Samoan prime minister Tuilaepa Sailele Malielegaoi, who also happens to be president of the country’s rugby union. The winners over the two legs – the second is in Germany on Saturday, July 14th – will take their place in Ireland’s pool for the Rugby World Cup in Japan next year.

The Samoa Observer newspaper reported that in addressing parliament recently the prime minster upbraided the national team stating: “You have no guts.” Samoa has lost nine successive test matches since a 25-23 victory over Canada in November, 2016. He continued: “I told them to look at Tonga, their population is nowhere near 200,000 and yet they are playing cricket with you guys.

“This shows you have no guts. You played 10 (sic) games and you lost in all of those ten games, so what does that tell me, ‘you have no guts.’ That is what I said to them on Wednesday night. I said, if you don’t win this game then you all have to resign from the team. I told them that it would be better to let the kids playing in the Super 9 to represent the Manu Samoa if they can’t handle it.”

Despite the initial criticism, he had calmed down a little later in the week when addressing the issue once again in a media programme later that week. He has no doubt that Samoa will prevail over the two legs and once they qualify for the World Cup expects them to reach the quarter-finals as “we have a good pool.” “Everything happens for a reason, and with this game with Germany the Manu Samoa will come back strong in this game. The reason being is because we have reached the very bottom and there is nowhere else for us to go except coming back up.”

They will be playing against the team (Germany) that has no knowledge whatsoever on how to play rugby, so we must win this game. And the other good thing about is that when we win against Germany and make it through the World Cup, we will be in a good pool. So I would be very shocked if we don’t make it to the quarter-final.”

The loser between Samoa and Germany over the two legs will go into the Repechage with the country that emerges from that qualifying for Japan and a place in Pool B alongside the defending champions, New Zealand.

1 Like

Great stuff. Rugby rugby rugby.

1 Like

Rugby is box office.

1 Like

Great to see some honesty about European rugby compared to the cheerleading propaganda we have become used to.