Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

they are gone ape

You couldnt make this up ---- The rubby lads are making excuses over a year out as to why Ireland will fail at the WC ā€“ stating that South Africa have a genetic advantage as the reasonā€¦ :joy:

South African rugby players tend to be from European genetic stock, mate, like pretty much all top level rugby players everywhere bar the Maoris, Pacific Islanders and the few token blacks in the English and French line ups.

Oireland 32 is something they cant seem to digest at all. Its gas to watch.

3 Likes

it drives them insane, I really enjoy it

3 Likes

Howā€™s your imaginary son, mate?

1 Like

its actually really interesting to watch. the psychology of it, what is going through their minds and how it has been activated, the cause of it.

1 Like

Both. Sean Fitzpatrick and Zinzan Brooke were by all accounts, two very fine Gaelic footballers.

2 Likes

Bernie McCahill too ,

1 Like

No palā€¦like the last three world cups or so we know our name is on the cupā€¦we are a force to be reckoned with. .

Who thought our name was on the cup? I dont follow joe.ie or balls.ie or any of those soccer type sites maybe thats where you got it?

Gerry Thornley in 2015 ā€” ā€˜And so what of Ireland? Back to back Six Nations titles makes them contenders like never beforeā€™

1 Like

Nopeā€¦ I have a lot of friends who follow rugby and the one in France we were meant to be nailed on for finalā€¦apparently the Polish trainig camp backfired ā€¦the one in 2011 we were meant to be heading for final after beating Australia in first gameā€¦warren G halted thatā€¦and then the last one the narrative was that we didnā€™t meet NZ til the semi final I think but the Argentina egg-passed us off the park ā€¦ I like seeimg Ireland win any sport but you have to admit rugby has some awful spoofers following itā€¦our world cup record is a disgrace amd thereā€™s no arguing thatā€¦even a rugby man like Hugh Cahill on 2fm said until ireland win a knockout game at a world cup nothing has really changed. .

2 Likes

The French and English have stopped taking the 6ns seriously and are focused 100% on the WCā€¦ Paddy hasnt got the memo just yet.

South Africa have participated in six World Cups. Outside of the Rudolf Straeuli-led farce in 2003, they have never lost a World Cup match by more than one score.

In 1995 and 2007 they won every match.

1999: lost the semi-final to the Vodafone Wallabies by 6 points after extra-time
2011: lost the quarter-final to the Qantas Wallabies by 2 points
2015: lost the semi-final to New Zealand by 2 points

Yet Ireland are going to thrash them.

Ireland, whose World Cup quarter-final record is:

Lost by 18 points,
Lost by 1 point at home
Lost by 24 points
Did not qualify for the quarter-finals
Lost by 22 points
Did not qualify for the quarter-finals
Lost by 12 points
Lost by 23 points

I raised this record on twitter with a senior sports writer for one of the Irish establishment newspapers and he said ā€˜This time itā€™s differentā€™

1 Like

Ah i didnt realise we were using anecdotal evidence. I know a lot of fellas who follow rugby too and we were all very cagey about the prospects really.

This time itā€™s different - Ireland Ireland Ireland

2 Likes

Exactly. God knows I think the likes of scumpot and this new lad emmet are getting very carried away. I suppose its the way its gone

It was different in 2003, 2007, 2011 and 2015 too.

Another thing to note is that South Africa have never lost a World Cup knock out match to a team other than New Zealand or the (insert sponsor here) Wallabies.

In the last six World Cups, all six of Irelandā€™s exits have come at the hands of either France, Argentina or Wales. Not one of those teams who eliminated Ireland went on to reach a final, and only in 2007 did a team which eliminated Ireland even win another match (not including the 3rd/4th place play-off).