Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Wales will win that.

England play France in the final group game and the winner will be battered, bruised and ripe for a picking off by the crafty Welsh.

Are Wales on the NZ side of the draw? A decent bet to reach the final if not.

Theoretically, according to the seedings, the winner of the Ireland group should face the winner of the Qantas Wallabies group in the semi-final.

The seedings say the semis should be:
Ireland v Qantas Wallabies
New Zealand v England

I fancy they’ll be:
South Africa v Qantas Wallabies
New Zealand v Wales

1 Like

But NZ win it out Sid, yeah ?

Maybe the day before it starts. Long way out to be punting those short odds.

Making a long range forecast, yes. I expect the Qantas Wallabies to once again be the main challengers. Qantas Wallaby rugby is always geared towards a big challenge at a World Cup.

1 Like

Unreal. A good few of the soccer lads are after getting savage carried away with this grand slam win. Good to see I suppose

2 Likes

140 odd posts on a Rugby World Cup that’s 18 months away since Sunday. Soccer types like @anon61956325 can’t get enough of rugby talk all of a sudden. Is there even a dedicated Soccer World Cup 2018 thread?

2 Likes

The 32 county aspect has reeled them in. They cant get their bigotted little heads around the concept.

2 Likes

A combination of savage poor wuming and a fascination with rugby is fascinating 6

3 Likes

The scummy soccer crowd hate other sports more than they love their own sport. Its not exactly a sport that attracts the cream of society.

4 Likes

I dont know this Emmet lad but he appears to be after getting very carried away with things altogether. He must have a hundred posts rubbing himself raw about the rugby and limerick winning some early season game. A bandwagoner

2007 wants its narrative back.

England failed to get out of the group in 2015 playing at a home World Cup. When they had for a long time had secured strong player access and were splashing the cash to bring the likes of Sam Burgess in. England winning the Grand Slam and then back to back Six Nations was trumpeted as a sign they could beat the best side in the world New Zealand. There was a clamour in the press to get their boys lined out against the colonials asap.

Indeed in 2011 they failed to spark as well and sacked their knighted World Cup winning captain as coach, after a positive Six Nations campaign but failure in the World Cup.

In 2015 France were played off the park by Ireland in the group stages. They were then absolutely destroyed by New Zealand. This after several months in training camp, the supposed great leveler to the likes of Ireland and New Zealand’s player management regimes. France have also gone and dropped their most successful ever club coach as he failed utterly in the Six Nations and other Test matches.

It is a far cry from England making the 2007 World Cup Final after a brutal few years or the French beating the all conquering All Blacks.

It’s another tired narrative from the English association football supporting pretend IRA heads. It’s about as relevant as saying New Zealand shit their pants at World Cup. Out of date patter.

3 Likes

They are often from Dutch farming stock, genetically the tallest and naturally best built of the Europeans.

1 Like

Here’s a fact so…zero wins in knockout rugby at world cup in 30 years. .whats your opinion on that?..surely any logical person would call that disgraceful… we’ve never managed to win a last 8 match. .ever !!! If someone questioning that is dismissed as just bitter then so be it but fact remains. .

1 Like

Disgraceful? Its only sport kid. Open a valve there before you blow a head gasket. The performances could have been better for sure but id leave the outrage to homelessness or something

4 Likes

We’ve never won a fucking knockout match you lunatic…ever! There’s probably only 8 traditional countries playing the sport!! It’s a serious back mark…

How about you stick to the question I asked instead of circumventing with the usual shite. .what do you make of our world cup record?..i

Usual shite? There are two or three rugby fans on here and another dozen who just want to do the game down over many years. Now fellas are getting annoyed because I wont engage?

Take it easy scummy for fuck sake. Nobody is disputing Ireland’s record in world cuos is poor apart from your friends. Lash out at them if you have to.

1 Like