Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

6 cans of preparation H got in for the big game tonight goys

3 Likes

I might pop the collar and slip on the dubes to really get in to it.

No team that takes part in an actual proper annual rugby competition should be shipping 90+ points off anyone. Sure they could have ended up in a kinder group, but it has been extremly disappointing given how they looked to have closed the gap in the 6N this year.

I think the six Nations is good craic an odd time, but it’s a glorified piss up. I doubt the players are that bothered about it really. Most of the players are knackered from incessant club rubby and autumn test matches etc.
At the WC it’s a more level playing field.
We’ll beat the Scots by 20 after a close first half. I don’t know why people are worried. They’ve nowt on the bench.

1 Like

20 points is a big call. It’ll be a 2 score game at most

I think they’ll tear into them from the start, have to build an early lead
I think they’ll win easily enough, maybe 15 points

I’ll go with 8 points in the people who know fuck all about rugby prediction sweepstakes

Ireland will ate them .

2 Likes

Well if they win by about 15 I’m out of that particular group :crossed_fingers:

About 15 :rofl:

How much wiggle room are you allowing yourself

More than ten and less than twenty

I’m going to predict Ireland 28-18 Scotland but I’d be nervous enough of the Scots. This is their World Cup final and they have absolutely nothing to lose. OTB have them on the flights home already.

On a different topic. I’d say the Aussies are probably on the lash now. Have to hang around just in case Fiji lose but deep down they know they’re done. An unusual scenario to be finished matches, pretty much know you’re out but still hanging around for a week.

Whoever is ahead at the end of the game has a great chance of winning this one. I predict a 1-100 point win for either team although there is a small chance of a draw too.

Would it be worth tiny money on the result that sends the saffers home?

Not a hope of both teams scoring 4 tries and Ireland still losing by 21+ points. South Africa won’t be going home anyway. Save your money.

The score that sends the Saffers home, at an absolute minimum, would have to be Scotland 27-20 Ireland. I can’t see Scotland reaching that total.

41-20 no?

1 Like

Even less of chance of the sweaty socks hitting 41, mate.

Looking fotward to seeing what maverick renegade Finn Russell does tonight. He’s a great watch

Some Irish crowd over there