Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

Irish rugby is too obsessed with the fucking beer cup . It is a shit standard

That’s a world class team right there. 2023 will be our year.

Josser O’Sullivan better footballer than him and Deegan, the kid has everything

The brother was better

The plan is to play a mix of kilkenny hurlers and laois footballers. Sounds like a winner

You’d have pity on the lads giving up their sporting career so soon.

They can fuck off.

1 Like

They won’t know anything about it after the obligatory bangs to the head

Where is 2023 RWC being held?

France, again

After any bad defeat of the Irish rugby team the old line that the GAA take up huge numbers of potential rugby players gets air .

I expect to see a “fantasy “ Irish team made up of GAA players in tabloids / websites .

Not enough imports there. There will surely be 4 or 5 South Africans or New Zealander rejects involved.

1 Like

The humidity in September is manageable — I think we can do this

I remember years ago Shannon took a lad from county football team, stuck him on the wing and he was very good. Cant recall his name

Buccaneers I think it was also tried to convert Graham Geraghty at one stage and he was keen.

Just too hard to pick up that late a stage. Sure look at all the rugby league converts. Similar game but even they struggle to adapt. Fanciful thinking GAA players would A) could make the transition and B) even want to.

If Ireland are ever awarded the hosting of a world cup I assume the Vodafone Ireland team will follow the Japanese model and stock the squad out with Southern Hemisphere imports* to give themselves at least a punchers chance?

*even more so than their current practice

Stephen Kelly from NCW I assume

1 Like

It’s been done

Leo Cullen will lead our titans into battle.

Its amazing how Leo’s name never comes into the conversation when discussion were and are made about future Ireland coaches. Criminally overlooked.

The Leinster job is a stepping stone.