Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

It’s a classic away jersey of the early 2000s for Ireland. Only ever warn against South Africa I believe.

IMG_5974

1 Like

Stay calm, don’t let him rattle you!

Would we need to wear an away jersey against any other country?

No idea, particularly since they have used the colour blind agenda to promote other jerseys.

I’m on edge with this game.

Apologies @mikehunt - I may have over-reacted!

1 Like

That’s worse than the GAH, with bought teams wearing the same colours. What’s the story with the blue togs on the current away strip? A nod to the presidential banner?

Dont fucking apologise, you’re exactly where you need to be. No backward step.

2 Likes

A Welsh/Welch consultant I got on board to fiddle around in a few excel workbooks just emailed me ahead of the weekend & said “you boys better take out the All Blacks for us!” Rubby, rubby, rubby.

9 Likes

There was talk of a red and green clash to be facilitated by one of the teams using their away kit. Ireland wore their white kits v Tonga.

I got a ‘Vive la France et Irlande :rugby_football:’ in the group chat with Luxembourg. ‘If we* can do it, so can you*’ referring to beating the All Blacks. I missed out on saying similar re South Africa
#JeSuisNorthernHemisphere

4 Likes

They make fat boyos look like the Michelin Man. Women into the Donegal Rally will love it.

Jackman is some fucking stook - nobody wanted your jersey fella

"It’s not so long ago that I was part of an Irish team where we went in to try and swap jerseys with the All Blacks after the game and the Irish jersey wasn’t good enough. They didn’t want to swap it because they told us they’d worked too hard to get that All Black jersey.

1 Like

All Blacks lads thought for a second Keith Wood was still playing for Ireland only for the Gorta shop version to turn up in the dressing room.

1 Like

Bernard Jackman had an unusual career in the sense that he must have been 30+ when he finally got capped for Ireland. Similar to Shane Byrne in that respect. Although Byrne went on to have a more substantial international career. I can only remember Jackman getting a run in a tame 6 Nations campaign in 2008. Think he played in Paris that year.

Still he’s more recognisable than anybody in the current team bar Sexton and Murray

RUGBY COUNTRY

In another potential item for the “things you believe never happened” thread, my young lad is currently singing Ireland’s Call at the kitchen table. They learnt it in junior infants today. :shamrock::rugby_football::notes:

11 Likes

Four proud Protestants of Ireland

3 Likes

You what?

Really?

1 Like