Rugby World Cup Memories

Wilko had lovely hands

Is the future head of Australia cheering on a different country?

That was some English pack tbf. Maybe not the best 11-15.

I didn’t want England to win that at the start, but I recall the referee giving such a bizarre string of one sided decisions that I kind of wanted them to win it just to spite him.

I’m not sure I’ve ever wanted a team to lose a sporting event more than I wanted England to lose the 2003 Rugby World Cup final.

The referee rode them raw, was my take watching it there. It was my first time seeing it. From memory it was on on a Saturday morning here and I had go out in the car somewhere.

1 Like

Correct. I had to go into the office to complete e bit of work and had it on in the background. The only Saturday I have ever worked in my professional life

1 Like

Almost as bad as jewbert in the 2011 final

The 1999 game was one of the greatest test games ever

2 Likes

They showed 1999 a few nights ago.

1 Like

Was there a dvd made? Peut etre en francais?

RIP Gary Halpin

1 Like

Three Blackrock College greats all won their first caps at Ballymore - Franno and Job Langbroek (Tonga 1987), Brian O’Driscoll (1999).

Ciaran Fitzgerald (1979) and Keith Wood (1994) also won their first caps at Ballymore.

cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy @mickee321 @Ashman

3 Likes

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2022/0319/1287265-former-argentina-international-aramburu-shot-dead/

That’s crazy.

You would t expect that on Boulevard St Germain in fairness.

Certainly not.

Ireland makes its World Cup bow at Athletic Park, Wellington against Wales in 1987.

Just after the 5 minute mark probably the highlight of the day from an Irish perspective.

I think of this more often than I should…

2 Likes

The first 10 seconds of this game

1 Like