Rural Football fcuked now

:smiley:

Government to drop GAA grants scheme

Sports Minister Martin Cullen is about to withdraw Government funding for the GAA players grants scheme, according to reports.

The GPA have yet to recieve official confirmation, but have claimed that any such move would be an ‘abandonment’ of intercounty players.

The scheme was to have been worth 3.5 million a year to that players.

‘The scheme gave inter-county players some much-needed revenue and status, and that status would be removed if the scheme is cut,’ the GPA said in a statement to the Irish Independent.

‘It would be very serious for inter-county players. GAA players are elite sportspeople. There is no escaping that inter-county hurlers and footballers have been singled out here.’

Best thing to ever happen. I applaud this action.

a status of what Dessie you clown. players have far more respect and status before you got them money for a year. they survived for long enough before all this shit came about. its a shame the players are losing out ont he few extra bob (€40 a week) but it’ll hardly break them.

And how many more stadiums is the government going to build for the scumball/FAI lads? Fucking hypocrites.

Agreed.
Shows how stupid NCC is with his title. This is good for the GAA and for grassroots. Play if you want, if not do something else, simple as.

'It would be very serious for inter-county players. GAA players are elite sportspeople.[/quote]

Well said…

No surprise
No harm

Hey Piles,
Do you pronounce your name “Piles” or is it more like “Piles” ?

Yours in wonderment,
GSH.

Let the GPA strike, and let the GAA call their bluff. There will only be one winner surely…

Having said that, the GAA could fund the annual grants with the money from one football or rugby international at Croker probably.

Best news I heard in days!

lol at anyone thinking this actually fucking matters to the GAA. :wink:

:smiley:

Yeah lol to anyone.

[quote=“Garda Sean Horgan”]Hey Piles,
Do you pronounce your name “Piles” or is it more like “Piles” ?

Yours in wonderment,
GSH.[/QUOTE]

Close but you’re miles off.
Its actually pronounced “Piles”

Apparently the scheme is being reduced rather then scrapped.

Source?

Here.

RTE eh? I wonder…

stupid fooking GPA making statments about something which hadnt been confirmed. clowns of the highest order.