Russia Vs Ukraine (Part 2) - Neocons Strike Back

Iā€™ll tag whichever tankie prick I see fit.

Ukrainians getting ready to rumble

1 Like

The biggest news in over a year and not a peep on here. Remember when the thread had to be locked?

Where have all the experts gone?

I still follow it a lot. But itā€™s hard to get up to date news on it now

The revolution will not be televised. The Ukrainians are very good at quietly getting on with things.

This move whenever it begins is a last throw of the dice for them. Theyā€™ll be forced to the negotiating table if they arenā€™t massively successful.

If they are then that fella in charge of Wagner looks like he could be powerful enough to cause massive internal struggles in Russia. Putin has always been very careful to keep down anyone powerful enough to challenge him. But heā€™s literally given this lad an army in his desperation to achieve something in Ukraine

Sounds like the Ukrainians got routed in one of there offensives yesterday. Russians claiming they killed 300.

They claim a lot though.

Is this the spring offensive or the summer offensive?
For what itā€™s worth the reality is that Ukraine is fucked. The recent nazi excursion into russia is a desperate attempt to draw attention away from recent defeats and provoke putin into a similar reciprocal attack, thereby reinvigorating flagging support feom the rest of the world.
80% of the planet sees through this obscenity. India chased Zelensky during the g7 conference, telling him quite plainly that they will support a humanitarian effort but not continuous futile slaughter. Zelensky didnā€™t even bother turning up for a similar humiliation from brazil.
Even the American msm is starting to report the truth on this debacle, rejecting press releases from the institute for the study of etc
Then again, i could be wrong

If Ukraine were to do well, would you be open to changing your world view

ā€œSounds likeā€ . ā€œRussians claimingā€. Ok mate.

Itā€™s hardly a world view, but yes.
I just donā€™t see how putin, zelensky or the west can find a way to sell any settlement to their electorateā€¦even if they could arrive at a settlement.
Iā€™ll take a wild guess and speculate that some sort of federation of Ukrainian republics is all thatā€™s left of the country; with poland, Hungary and Romania playing along and doing their part.
I think putin can defeat Ukraine tomorrowish, but heā€™ll be left with a complete unmanageable mess if he does

Russia after blowing up the Kherson dam to stop Ukraineā€™s counter-offensives - pretty pathetic.

Old news here. But it sounds like the Russians alright.

Was it not seen as a brilliant tactical maneuver when Ukraine did similar in the early stages of the invasion?

Whatā€™s nazi about the attack in Russia? Were there neo-nazi links or something?

What do you mean by provoke Putin into a similar reciprocal attack? He has already launched a full scale invasion, what would ā€œa similar reciprocal attackā€ look like?

If he can defeat Ukraine tomorrowish why doesnā€™t he do it? His army has been near enough cut in half in terms of its capabilities so far.

1 Like

Link to the dam Ukraine blew up?

The attack was carried out by professed neo nazisā€¦a similar attack would involve blatant attacks on purely civilian populations with no strategic importance, something the russians have mostly avoided, hardly out of the goodness of their hearts but probably because they donā€™t want to, need to or can afford to escalate.
The notion that his army has been cut in two is nonsenseā€¦a couple of months ago you were crowing about a spring offensive, six months ago you said it would be over in a fortnightā€¦now the whole offensive is in jeopardy because the ground is too soft?

1 Like

Wha?

It was widely reported and hailed as a great strategic move as it forced Russians to use a particular set of roads, which the Ukrainians then bombarded.

Surely you canā€™t be serious? Theyā€™re firing rocket attacks at Kyiv a number of times a week. Did you forget their campaign to target civilian energy infrastructure prior to winter

Youā€™ve mentioned this loads of times now but I still donā€™t know what youā€™re referring to.