Russia Vs Ukraine (Part 1)

Like 1941 all over again.

Those who don’t remember history etc

“Let the Russians have Ukraine because me gas bills” is the new “fuck Covid, I wants me pints”.

Like “fuck Covid, I wants me pints”, the approach the deniers take will lead to the outcome they don’t want.

Merkelgrad

Let it all out mate. Let it all out

2 Likes

They’d better keep the nuclear power stations running so.

They can’t, they aren’t environmentally friendly enough. They’d rather burn fossil fuels

1 Like

Merkel was an FSB agent

1 Like

The East Germans never fully came back

I presume all those who were against the Iraq war will be against Russia declaring war on Ukraine too.

Although come to think of it, it looks like that may not be the case…

They aren’t even mothballing them but demolishing them

What could go wrong.

I’m merely stating the politics of the situation i.e. How long would voters in EU put up with higher energy prices as a result of Nord 2 being turned off? It would be exactly what Vladimir would want; to create further instability in the EU. Hopefully this crisis might accelerate renewable energy production and reduce the dependency on Russia.

Spiked Online is looking for donations.

Strictly in roubles, please.

Not their modus operandi. They’ll deny making any act of war to the end. We were invited, it was self-defence, we are protecting ethnic Russians, we were just making sure they hadn’t left the immersion in, etc etc.

Well obviously. And there are a load of simpletons here who will buy it, as they did last time.

But war is war. And we know what it is.

An awful lot of Western neo-liberal capitalist propaganda being posted on here.

1 Like

How many US/NATO bases on the borders of Russia?

If I told you that I would have to kill you.

Who cares? Sovereign democratic countries have the right to align themselves any way they want. Ukraine is a sovereign democratic country which is not even part of NATO and Russia occupies part of it and wants to invade the rest of it. So you can sort of see why countries in that neck of the woods would want to be part of NATO. The reason being they have a rapacious monster on their doorstep in the shape of Russia.

Do you think NATO and Ukraine should give a commitment that Ukraine wouldn’t join, if that prevented an invasion?

No. That’s Chamberlain at Munich stuff.