Scottish Cup Competitions

Despite DB posting on the SPL thread about cup competitions in the past it’s important we don’t let that trend continue.

Celtic v Aberdeen is on Setanta Sports 1 today which I’m pleased to see I still have despite not watching it in months.

Team news is:
[center]
Forster

Wilson Rogne Mulgrew Izzy

Brown Ledley Kayal Commons

Hooper Stokes[/center]

Nice to see Commons straight in there. Paddy can feel hard done by I suppose but he could still do with a rest and was denied one the other night. It’s a bit more narrow in midfield with Commons and Brown as the wide players but still enough natural width there to drag them out and both Brown and Commons will have license to get into the box regularly.

I’m praying now that the great Pat Dolan is on commentary. Unfortunately Setanta Ireland are also screening a game I believe so not sure we’re guaranteed Pat.

I notice bet365 have listed the game as being streamed on their site. Wonder if it will be allowed in Ireland with Setanta showing the game. Disappointed Paddy has dropped out. Who is on the bench mate?

They’re unlikely to have it in Ireland with Setanta screening it. They have all SPL games too but can’t see them in UK or Ireland.

Should be on here anyway:
http://www.aymo.net/p/channel-2.html
and http://www.stopstream.com/ch6.html

No word on the bench yet.

Apparently the pitch is in shocking state.

Cheers mate. I haven’t see the streaming icon beside the SPL games before, will check it out anyway to make sure, if it doesn’t work I’ll give one of those links a bet. Only 5 allowed on the bench for the cup games I think. I’d say it will be Zaluska, Juarez, Murphy, Ljungberg and McCourt.

They’re the subs alright.

Be good to bury these lads nice and early and then give a few fringe lads a run out before hammering them again on Tuesday night.

Ljunberg is probably expecting to have featured more regularly by now but I think it’s interesting that, other than McGinn getting a game last week rather inexplicably, Lennon seems to have realised we’re better with one out and out winger at most and that we could do with more midfielders getting into the box. Forrest does that well in fairness to him from and Ljungberg, Brown and Commons will all do it naturally when they’re wide.

I said before he signed that I think Ljungberg’s movement around the box would lead to a few goals, even with his head. I hope to see the same from Commons. The SPL defences have gotten used to picking big defenders to defend narrow across the box and our previous tactic to overcome that by using pacy wingers became too predictable. There’s a bit more balance about this.

I’m looking forward to see Kris Commons making his debut. :clap:

Some Scottish cunt commentating. I was hoping for the great Will Downing to be on the mic’.

Bet365 streaming fine lads. :slight_smile:

Commons!!!

1-0

KRIS KOMMONS!!!

What a fucking goal by the Mansfield born Provo on his debut. :clap:

Charlie.

2-0.

Aberdeen hit the post. Caught out badly there.

Ah lovely. Commons with a lovely corner, Stokes did well there to win it and Mulgrew justifies Lennon’s decision to leave setpieces for someone else for the moment as he nods it home.

Lucky escape there. Kayal thought he was getting a free but just stopped.

Nice set piece goal.

Kayal was a bit overconfident for their chance. Has tried to dribble a little too much in our own half so far.

my man commons on fire

Fuck, that was a cracking hit from Stokes.

What an effort by Stokes.

Rogne!!!

Ah this is lovely stuff. Rogne!!!