Scottish Football (SPFL, Scottish Cup, Bet Fred Cup, Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup)

One of tthem equalises from a penalty

Let me guess which one

1 Like

Five wins in a row now for Aberdeen under Barry Robson and the 1983 European Cup Winners Cup winners have galloped into third place in the table.

Big game for Coach Goodwin at Tannadice tomorrow at home to Hibs. That’s a must win game for the 1984 European Cup semi-finalists as they’re five points adrift at the foot of the table.

They’re going very well. Hesrts have also had some collapse. They were doing ok until people mentioned that they had emerged as the dominant third team in Scotland. And promptly fell apart.

Another breathless League of Scotland top flight encounter. Jamie McGrath with a last minute penalty winner for Jim Goodwin’s Arabs. Arguably the best pound for pound league in the world.

Big few weeks for Goodwin, Dundee United go down and his managerial career as good as over. Stay up and he is a legend. Comes across as a decent guy so i hope they stay up.

1 Like

At the rate that Waterford United go through managers in the League of Ireland, there’s probably always the fallback option of the hot seat at Kilcohan Park next season.

Potential of that allright but be a big come down.

Back to back wins for Jim Goodwin’s resurgent Dundee United as they come from behind to beat Motherwell at Fir Park.

Dundee United leapfrog off the bottom and over Kilmarnock and Ross County. Are @Bandage or any of the other League of Scotland aficionados prepared to call this tense relegation battle?

1 Like

Some goal by Scalesy there.

1 Like

Hoops hoops.

KOH

Seven wins in a row for Aberdeen.

Three wins in a row for Jim Goodwin’s Dundee United.

It’s suddenly all coming up roses for the New Firm.

1 Like

Aberdeen played well there. Celtic one win from the title now.

Huns throwing one in to deny them the chance of a title win at Ibrox. (not really)

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/michael-beale-done-no-favours-26762510?int_source=nba

Beale being compared to Wenger and the like…

Well the post split fixtures haven’t been released yet so that wasn’t a concern. They’ll just avoid the Huns game being the one where Celtic are likely to win the league.

It does however open up the likelihood of Celtic being crowned champions on coronation weekend

He told BBC Sportsound: "If you read Neil Banfield today then clearly Aberdeen have no chance because there’s a genius in the opposing dugout. Neil Banfield says you can see where Beale is going, his trajectory.

"He talks about Julian Nagelsmann, Thomas Tuchel and Mauricio Pochettino and Micky Beale is not far off that. ‘He reminds me very much of Arsene Wenger’ he says, so Aberdeen have got no chance today. Good luck.

I think this lad was arguing the other way.

I’m talking about Banfield who gave the interview …mad stuff …

What did ap say after the cup final?