Scottish League Cup - Quarter Finals

Probably the two biggest nights on the global football calendar.

Tonight:
Dundee Utd vs Hunfermline
Falkirk vs Caley Thistle
Huns vs Hamilton

Tomorrow Night:
Kilmarnock vs Celtic

Celtic are away to Hearts next Sunday and then home to Manchester United next midweek so I would hope to see an element of rotation. I don’t particularly care about this game but I wouldn’t mind getting the chance to go to a derby cup final later this season all the same. I think it’s a chance to give the likes of O’Dea a game. We don’t have many striking options so it’s probably worth giving McDonald and Sheridan another game together to build up their understanding as Samaras and Hesselink are expected to miss all of November.

3 home wins tonight. Celtic reserves won away to Caley Thistle yesterday and Caddis, McCourt and Hutchinson played the full 90 minutes, with The Hutch getting a hat-trick. It probably means none of them will get a start tomorrow night.

would have liked to have seen all three of them feauture at some stage tomorrow. . caddis in particular is well worth a start based on what I have seen. match tomorrow is on bbc scotland. will be dull spectacle on that horrible ground I’m sure.

I’ll watch the game tomorrow alright but I’ve no interest in this competition and will retain that level of interest even if it’s a final against the huns. It’s a distraction from everything else and it’s main benefit should be in giving games to younger lads - the reserve league put paid to that.

In fairness both Hutchison and Caddis have been injured for the past 2/3 weeks at least so they were always going to play a reserve game to get them back into it. Just a pity that’s how it happened timing wise.

Web connection is acting up so barely caught 5 minutes of the first half in between all the stop-start nonsense and missed both goals but got a choppy replay of Naka’s there - looked quality.

Celtic started with CELTIC: Boruc; Hinkel, Caldwell, O’Dea, Wilson; Nakamura; Donati, Brown, McGeady, Maloney, McDonald
Subs: M.Brown, McCourt, Hartley, Sheridan, Robson

but Hartley replaced Naka at half time with Brown shifting to the wing. Good to see Donati and O’Dea getting some game time. Hope Sheridan and McCourt get some sort of a run.

two one now.

Killie have pulled one back. Free kick targets Wilson at the back post and Invincible got free from Caldwell to poke home the header back across goal. Commentators creaming themselves. At one stage in the first half Fernandez played a pass through to Invincible or someone. The pass was too strong and went out for a goal kick and the striker was offside and was flagged as such. Didn’t stop the commentator yelling out “WHAT A BALL BY FERNANDEZ… CHANCE… OH JUST TOO MUCH ON IT oh and he’d strayed offside.” Cunts.

excellent play there from brown, macdonald and mcgeady for the irishman’s goal.

Goal of absolute class from Celtic. Pure beautiful.

Pass forward from Caldwell to Hartley who zips it to Brown and Brown back-heels it to Hinkel, Hinkel up to McDonald first time who touches it to Brown who runs into space and draws the defender and squares for McGeady who slots home. Smashing team goal.

see o’dea getting in the wall there for freekick until mcgeady pulled him away? strikes me as poor in decision making sometimes does o’dea. how has he done overall since you have been watching rock?

To be honest other than their goal they haven’t really had much going forward. I’d noticed Caldwell doing well but not sure whether he’s just been more decisive or whether the ball was coming to his side more. O’Dea is an odd lad though - he’d take the goal kicks if he was let.

Sheridan on now for McDonald.

Good performance that - after Kille got one back we stepped it up a gear and looked very comfortable from then on. McGeady was dangerous throughout, Brown was awesome though. His best performance in a long time.

Thought that was a decent performance from Celtic last night…as Rock said they upped it after Killie pulled one back and were comfortable winners in the end.

Fingallian Sammon got a run near the end for KFC

Semi final draw is on 12th Nov

[quote=“therock67”]Web connection is acting up so barely caught 5 minutes of the first half in between all the stop-start

[/quote]

were you at home Rock cos it was on Setanta Ireland

Celtic’s Goals Last Night

1 - McDonald:
[media=youtube]76U8C8teRjg&

Super Freekick

2 - Nakamura:
[media=youtube]ztl4rIpe27U&

I like the way Naka pretends to walk away and leave it for Maloney. Combe takes a couple of steps back to cover the other post and then Naka pings it into the corner where the 'keeper had been.

Great, Great Goal

3 - McGeady:
[media=youtube]CanrT1s8F9k