Second Captains

Don’t listen to @TreatyStones

There’s a career in sports journalism/punditry for that contributor should they wish to pursue it. I’d imagine they’re currently in a more lucrative field of employment

1 Like

I need to be much better at detecting sarcasm on TFK. I’ve never been sure if it was genuinely popular or not.

@myboyblue easily devoted a year of his life to it and you just threw it on the scrapheap

It was the greatest thing ever created.

I think some/all of it is retrievable but it would be some slog.

@myboyblue has agreed to rewrite the whole thing if you promise not to destroy it again.

1 Like

You mentioned that before. Good God don’t do it.

We were at our peak creativity back then, we don’t believe we have it in us anymore.

Just listening to the podcast from 3 July, and Michael Duignan made a reference to Davy Fitz snubbing Micheal Donoghue for the post-match handshake, and even making an untoward gesture (giving him the middle finger?). Didn’t catch it at the match, but watching it back on TV later it was obvious something went on. Davy just tends to draw controversy on himself every where he goes.

“Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser”

Vince Lombardi

So we’re in agreement that Davy Fitz is a loser?

He’s a poisonous little rat.

5 Likes

Noticed it at the time.

Donoghue went over to shake hands and Davy was engaged with someone else. Donoghue tapped him to grab his attention, a brief handshake and then Donoghue tried to have a few words as he put his hand on the back of the vertically challenged 'Bridges mans head in a consoling manner who seemed to be having none of it.

Fair enough, you’ve just been spanked in a Leinster final and mightn’t be in the mood for pleasantries but when the boot has been on the other foot Fitzgerald hasn’t been shy about condescendingly commiserating with the oppositions defeated manager.

Duignan was suggesting he gave Donoghue the middle finger first, but Donoghue still went over to shake hands. Davy always seems to have a chip on the shoulder.

1 Like

Can we get a clip/snap of it, pal? Was it captured by the cameras?

Davy is a national treasure.

1 Like

The tail end of it (ie. the handshake) was, but I’ve heard from two separate sources now about the hand gesture that preceded it so there must be some truth to it. Fairly standard shit with Davy, and I wouldn’t have brought it up at all, so I wouldn’t, if Duignan hadn’t mentioned it on the podcast.

1 Like

Wrong. Buff is a national treasure. Davy is a cunt.

Rubbish

1 Like

Show me somebody who quotes Vince Lombardi, and I’ll show you somebody struggling to finish a newspaper column.

4 Likes

He is no Martin Adams

2 Likes