Seeking members for the Limerick Chippers Social Group

It’s in Dooradoyle, near Collinses.

Is there not a Super Bites in Patrickswell?

Not anymore it’s a kebab place now. Used to be in Newcastle, Abbeyfeale, Rathkeale and the Well. Still in Newcastle think it’s gone from rathkeale and the well not sure about abbeyfeale. They were the original stuffing chip place

I love Limerick

Out in WIlton?

Odd place to go for dinner. Were ye visiting someone in CUH

Iv been there it is nice alright

What about the Zam Zam in Broadford? Grand feed out of that place.

Yeah that’s the one, we drove out of the city for it. We were going to go to a French place called Strasbourg something that looked promising but sure you know the way you’d have a yearning for a particular type of food you’d go a bit out of your way for it.

Was that the place used be called “Le Chip” or am I confused with another poster…

2 Likes

Nothing trumps Enzo’s

Strasbourg goose. It’s about as French as your sack.

It is on French church st however

1 Like

You left Cork city centre and drove to Wilton because you fancied Italian food. Seems drastic, isn’t there a few decent Italian joints in town? Rossini’s used to be lovely.

Scoozi’s is a great spot for Italian grub

I’ve eaten in the Strasbourg Goose and thought it was very nice fare for the price.

Rossini’s is still lovely. I have eaten there quite a number of times this year

It’s grand. It’s like luigi Malone or somewhere. It’s been there donkeys years so must be doing something right

Great Chipper.

Havent been in years but that place has character…particularly if you have a sit down meal.[quote=“Ashman, post:1389, topic:8503, full:true”]
Nothing trumps Enzo’s
[/quote]

SCENES!!! @Big_Dan_Campbell @Smark @TreatyStones

That’s a great article, I really enjoyed that. This is a great line from Enzo and illustrates the attention to detail that make Limerick chippers renowned the world over.

‘Passion in preparing the potato is also key to making great food, he adds.’

“For a start, you have to pick good potatoes, then you have to clean them well and season them well. And then cook them well. And if you miss any of them, you will miss out down the line.”

I never knew Enzo was a first cousin to Ernie Rocca and that they travelled over from Italy together in the 70s. I knew Ernie until his untimely death. He was salt of the earth.

1 Like

Enzo’s is a treasure .

It’s times like this that really make me feel lonely for home.

Delighted for Enzo and connections here.

1 Like

Spot on mate.