Shit fillums

A History of Violence. Rave reviews, nominated for awards, I was expecting great things. Shite dialogue, shite acting, shite film.

Pearl Harbour, obviously.

[quote=“The Lopper, post: 796669, member: 1557”]A History of Violence. Rave reviews, nominated for awards, I was expecting great things. Shite dialogue, shite acting, shite film.

[/quote]

The sensual love scene saves it though.

You soft cock.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 796432, member: 180”]The Matrix was an excellent film that broke new groud for cinema.

Not a shit movie.[/quote]

Agree with that. The sequels were terrible, especially the last one.

[quote=“The Lopper, post: 796669, member: 1557”]A History of Violence. Rave reviews, nominated for awards, I was expecting great things. Shite dialogue, shite acting, shite film.

Pearl Harbour, obviously.[/quote]

I enjoyed A History of Violence. Not the greatest film ever but very watchable.

Was very disappointed in The Departed. Rave reviews but thought DiCaprio was awful in it. Nicholson was fairly ordinary in it too, over-acting as he does too often. As for Ray Winstone…

[quote=“hannibal, post: 796689, member: 277”]
Was very disappointed in The Departed. Rave reviews but thought DiCaprio was awful in it. Nicholson was fairly ordinary in it too, over-acting as he does too often. As for Ray Winstone…[/quote]
I really liked the departed. Thought it was a strong 4 star film. My mind was blown the morning after seeing it because Martin Sheen was sitting across from me having a coffee after I seeing him been thrown off the roof of the building the night before!

Take it you were in college in galway?

Sheen was the best thing in it (apart from the bird who played the therapist). Not a fan of DiCaprio in general but thought he was especially awful in that film.

[quote=“hannibal, post: 796689, member: 277”]I enjoyed A History of Violence. Not the greatest film ever but very watchable.
[/quote]

Agreed. He was a serious man to stamp on throats

Vera Farmiga

No. The opening scene is excellent

Comes across as a sound auld skin!

I was. You too?

Indeed. But an opening scene does not a film make. The next best scene was simply lifted from where eagles dare. The rest was shite.

Indeed myself and hernan go way back…way back…

avatar, cold mountain and the hurt locker a thousand times

[quote=“hannibal, post: 796689, member: 277”]I enjoyed A History of Violence. Not the greatest film ever but very watchable.

Was very disappointed in The Departed. Rave reviews but thought DiCaprio was awful in it. Nicholson was fairly ordinary in it too, over-acting as he does too often. As for Ray Winstone…[/quote]

Are you a cowp?

The Hurt Locker was nowhere near as good as what it was made out to be, but would you really call it shit?

yes, pedestrian, couldnt care less about the characters

big giant meh

Abso fucking lutely