Should McGeady leave the SPL

It’s obvious the boy has some talent but I would suggest he needs a change of scenery big time after tonight to eliminate the flaws in his game. Playing with the likes of Brown can only be to the detriment of a player.

I truly felt sorry for him tonight but it may have put him in the shop window too. Like Maloney if it doesn’t work out he can also go back anyway. Sure he could be another Le Tissier like small town hero but there is always the danger that like Le Tissier, McGeady will continue to struggle at international level until he shows some ambition and really pushes himself.

Serious views only please. Someone put a poll up

Don’t see why he would want to leave Celtic, he is their star player now and they are his boyhood club…Obviously when Celtic can’t match his ambitions he should look to move on, but I presume he is happy and hungry up there…

That’s true but you have only one shot at it too. Maybe McGeady is happy playing the Gretna’s of this world. Living in his hometown it’s hardly the most taxing of lives. Still I always like to see our international players test themselves to the limit and make the most of their ability. I’d take him at Villa Park but there are other clubs short of the highest level in England and further afield where he could give it a shot aswell.

As I said in other thread I would consider leaving if I were he. He is an excellent player and way better than anyone we have. Realistically can’t see us performing at top level in Europe for a few years and you only get one shot at career. He should only leave for a top club in a strong league. Certainly way too good for the Villa’s of this world and I’d see that as a step down and I think he would too.

Poll poll poll poll

Don’t think he would be a regular in any of the bigger clubs so he might have to use Villa as a stepping stone to bigger things. He seems a good bit fitter and aggressive this season going on last nights match anyway. He seems a bit of a homebird so not sure he would venture further than the EPL.

Anyone interested in Scott Brown needs their head and bank records audited.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again in the future and I’ll say it now too, we should make him captain and get him to lead our franchise for the next 10 years.

:clap:

Liverpool could be a possible destination for McGeady, if they could get shot of that waste of space but “highly rated” Ryan Babel.

Poll up…

Don’t think Liverpool would get back half of what they payed for him at this stage, and i doubt Liverpool would pony up the rest

He would get a good few games at United as well, although he might have to work a bit harder without the ball there, but it would be a super move for him, if the dour lad was interested…

Difficult to say, perhaps the SPL is his level?

:clap:

[quote=“The Puke”]Don’t think Liverpool would get back half of what they payed for him at this stage, and i doubt Liverpool would pony up the rest

He would get a good few games at United as well, although he might have to work a bit harder without the ball there, but it would be a super move for him, if the dour lad was interested…[/quote]

I think he actually works very hard off the ball when those are his instructions. First half yesterday you could see he had explicit instructions not to track back because the idea was to get Fortune to get back and then to break through McGeady. Didn’t work but it was an interesting idea.

Johnny Giles confusing him with Hinkel probably didn’t help people’s assessment of his performance.

On the question, no of course he shouldn’t leave. He’s living the dream and the next step in his career should be captaincy. What a player.

it’s pretty obvious the guy needs to move on soon

nothing left to win in the eurodisney league

no chance of winning in europe (possible heroic uefa cup run not withstanding)

decent top-half premierdship club would seem his most likely destination.

i’d love to see him move further afield, either spain or germany where he might learn something new.

[quote=“Rocko”]I.

On the question, no of course he shouldn’t leave. He’s living the dream and the next step in his career should be captaincy. What a player.[/quote]

As I said in my earlier post, from my limited knowledge of the boy he seems to love the club and I doubt he would have much interest leaving at this moment in time…how old is he now, 23?

What trophies do you think he would win at a decent top-half EPL club that he couldn’t win at Celtic? (Please don’t list the FA Cup or the Milk Cup)

[quote=“treaty_exile”]it’s pretty obvious the guy needs to move on soon

nothing left to win in the eurodisney league

no chance of winning in europe (possible heroic prestigious europa cup run not withstanding)

decent top-half premierdship club would seem his most likely destination.

i’d love to see him move further afield, either spain or germany where he might learn something new.[/quote]

[quote=“Rocko”]I think he actually works very hard off the ball when those are his instructions. First half yesterday you could see he had explicit instructions not to track back because the idea was to get Fortune to get back and then to break through McGeady. Didn’t work but it was an interesting idea.

Johnny Giles confusing him with Hinkel probably didn’t help people’s assessment of his performance.

On the question, no of course he shouldn’t leave. He’s living the dream and the next step in his career should be captaincy. What a player.[/quote]

Do you get paid more for being captain?

apart from arsenal who celtic would probably beat all things been equal Celtic are better than every team in the EPL