Sign in Finland backers

Signing in. Fuck you :vulcan_salute:

They haven’t looked back since they handed Russia back to the Russians

Vile comment

This is very unsettling. An infraction for @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

I agree, miss the days under Mick of been outplayed by Georgia.

Sad to see tribalism taking a foothold amongst League of Ireland supporters

Ah here. This is outrageous. I’m going to drive my van rudely towards cyclists for the rest of the day because of this.

3 Likes

Spock’s team has yet to play a team with Georgia’s technical ability . Also the last game we played Georgia at the Aviva under Mick we were very good .

Big Mick’s side completely outclassed Bulgaria with Jack Byrne getting an opportunity to perform off the bench a year ago. Spock needed an injury time goal against the run of play to get a result against them. But that doesn’t suit the narrative of the trekkies

1 Like

I think Spock’s have done ok thus far albeit versus very very average opposition . I wish him well but as things stand it will be a long time before we meet a remotely good team .

Its disappointing to see people chip away relentlessly at our MNT Manager like this.

Is this thread about Star Trek?

1 Like

Isnt everything?

International football for Ireland isn’t about beating good teams

I said remotely good teams . Getting to a WC is going to be difficult . The euros should be achievable if we are decent . Mr Trapattoni and Martin O Neill achieved that .

I think Spock will be exactly what he says on the tin. He will get us trying to keep the ball more than previous managers but a lack of incisiveness or real quality on the ball will mean that we will still huff and puff to beat the sides who are the tier below us while when we meet the sides in the tiers above us we will opened up at will going off what we have seen in the five games so far. He will face a reckoning at some point and will be put in a can’t win scenario whereby he either has to abandon the progressive passing football against the better sides or stick with it despite it not working against the better sides - both will most likely result in us losing these games.

As long as we are still in contention for second place in the World Cup qualifying group going into the last couple of games then I think he should be given plenty of time in the job and judged on qualifying for Euro 2024, but if we are not even in the mix then he should be sentenced to deletion!

1 Like

Wales are a decent team. Outside the elite in Europe they’d be as good as anyone

Without Bale they are average all told . I am talking about beating the Swiss , Danes , Serbia , Czechs etc …

Hate speech

Sigh.