Sign in Kilkenny Whingers

You always were a piece of shit alright!

ah shur, we don’t have much of a chance but were obliged to fulfil the fixture so we will turn up and give it our best

In. Kilkenny are much better than last year but still very beatable. They are some team to support though. Even when they lose, they die with their boots on

They’ll die with our boots up their holes in a fortnight.

No, usually when they lose, they end up getting well beat

They never give up though. They keep battling away That’s why they’re great to follow.
Last time I remember them getting completely wiped out was 04 all-ireland second half. Even in 2010 they kept up a good fight until the last few minutes.

[QUOTE=“corner back, post: 991180, member: 1572”]They never give up though. They keep battling away That’s why they’re great to follow.
Last time I remember them getting completely wiped out was 04 all-ireland second half. Even in 2010 they kept up a good fight until the last few minutes.[/QUOTE]
2012 Leinster final

[QUOTE=“Young Ned of the Hill, post: 990874, member: 80”]Signing in

Limerick people should never be forgiven for raising the white flag to Cromwell[/QUOTE]

But you pissed in the Wexford rebels gun powder!

We had them shitting themselves for a while in the second half

I thought you were from Offaly?

You thought wrong buddy.

In

[QUOTE=“corner back, post: 991180, member: 1572”]They never give up though. They keep battling away That’s why they’re great to follow.
Last time I remember them getting completely wiped out was 04 all-ireland second half. Even in 2010 they kept up a good fight until the last few minutes.[/QUOTE]
When was the last genuinely close game they lost ie in the balance in the last minute? Wexford in the Leinster final that time with the last minute goal?

just reading a few articles and forums about KK and Im led to believe henry shefflington is flying in training - this bodes well for the semi guys

I’m reminded of an anecdote an elderly gentleman told me some years ago about a Fianna Fail selection convention in the Carlow/Kilkenny constituency back in the 1950’s which he had attended. There was the usual machinations behind the scenes which could have resulted in the significantly less populous Carlow having no representation on the ticket but three Kilkenny candidates. A Carlow delegate apoplectic with rage got to his feet and reminded the assembled delegates that despite been the second least populous county in the country, Carlow had provided one of the executed 1916 leaders Michael O’Hanrahan and two of the ten forgotten executed of 1920/21, Kevin Barry and Thomas Traynor and it would be an affront to their sacrifice and memory if County Carlow had no candidate running for the ‘Republican Party’. He then proceeded to ask for a roll call of executed Kilkenny revolutionary leaders in the 1916-22 period. The upshot was a Carlow candidate made it onto the ticket.

1 Like

Cool story bro

not an anecdote

Signing in!

'Hon d’Cats! 'Hon d’Lockes!! A bouy Cody bouy!!!

Gwan Richeeee bouy

Throw it into 'em Teeeeejjaaaayyyy bouy!!!