Sign in Saoirse McHugh backers

Signing in.

Fair play. You know it makes sense. By the way, I think the reason your back is fucked is because of the amount of 180 degree turns you make.

3 Likes

I agree with her political outlook, I disagree with the thread title - is this ok?

I think it’s farcical she has left the greens, pathetic stuff.

2 Likes

This is why a cohesive left alternative will never happen in this country.

Some lefties simply don’t want to be in government and have to compromise even though the whole political system is about compromise.

They would rather shout from the sidelines as opposed to putting in the grind of implementing policies which it is surely all about.

4 Likes

No lead allowed. Jaysis - have you thought this through at all

1 Like

Paul Murphy has outflanked most of his own previous parties at this stage

Politics is dead.

it belongs in 1835.

Another left wing political career lies dead at the altar of ideological purity

1 Like

I knew a rubby man like yourself would appreciate a high quality Flanker.

1 Like
3 Likes

They never left the student union

6 Likes

Will the Greens survive Jimmie’s departure does anyone think. A huge, huge loss.
Fuck off Jimmie you needy bollix.

4 Likes

Years ago the most radical student union types were Labour Party members who eventually entered mainstream politics - Ruairi Quinn etc. Maybe a few people that would end up in RTE - Joe Duffy or Marian Finuance. Now you have to be pro gender neutrality to even get a look in.

1 Like

These no mark fuckers are worse than retiring GAA players with their “announcements”

3 Likes

I don’t think llamas live here years ago Jimmy, sorry.

This is true but there has been the rise of the permanent agitator on the back benches alongside the permanent independents.

The likes of Richard Boyd Barrett, Paul Murphy, Brid Smith etc have little intention on going into government really or even extracting support for some policies. Social media and platforms like the Water Charges have shown that fringe voices can sustain themselves and their purity for a long time. Previously they were squeezed so they either had to extract something from government or love to the centre as you say. Beyond Ruairi Quinn, the whole Democratic Left movement (Gilmore, Proinseas, Rabbitte) moved in from the cold of the Workers Party. Tony Gregory voted for Charlie Haughey so he could secure some investment in the north inner city. The one “figure” that sustained themselves was Joe Higgins, who actually lost his seat.

There hasn’t been a serious reckoning for these people as it has been the centre vote that has been squeezed down. SF will be hunting for their votes next time 1 & 2 though.

It’s gas to see all the lads who wouldn’t have voted for McHugh anyway lining up to tell her what she should have done. What a shower of fucking eejits :smiley:

This is surely a piss take?I find it hard to tell anymore.

The real story here is a young naive girl who needs to realise the days of idealism are long gone in Irish politics ( if they ever existed ) and coalition and ergo compromise is where it’s at