Sign in Welsh Backers

I will refuse to believe this until Chavez confirms it on the dead celebrities 2013 thread.

How so? A big part of the Shane Geoghegan furore was that he was mistakenly murdered by scumbags and Limerick people had had enough of it.

Fixed that for you.

How come when a regular joe in Moyross is killed, they don’t say “Moyross B junior soccer player Mickey Crawford”

Because if his name was joe then they wouldn’t call him Mickey.

Unless the victim was Mickey Joe Harte or somebody. Then there could possibly be confusion.

<span style="font-size:18px;]Come on Cymru

“a regular joe” is just a phrase. It doesn’t mean his name was actually joe

I don’t know anyone called actually joe.

Someone bump the giddy thread.

Was Mickey a regular joe who was mistakenly murdered or was Mickey a rival gang member? What would happen if someone took out Earlsy? That’s the only way we could settle this I think.

Top 5 questions of newspaper editors when notified of a death:

• Who died?
  • Did he play rugby football in his spare time?
  • Was he famous?
  • Was it murder?
  • Was it a tragic accident?

Okay, let’s go with the rugby football angle.

Irish people don’t care about junior Irish soccer players. The game is not very popular.

[quote=“Sandymount Red, post: 734808”]How come when a regular joe in Moyross is killed, they don’t say “Moyross B junior soccer player Mickey Crawford”

Irish people don’t care about junior Irish soccer players. The game is not very popular.[/quote]

Junior soccer is infinitely more popular than rugby.

[quote=“Sandymount Red, post: 734808”]How come when a regular joe in Moyross is killed, they don’t say “Moyross B junior soccer player Mickey Crawford”

Irish people don’t care about junior Irish soccer players. The game is not very popular.[/quote]

Junior soccer is infinitely more popular than rugby.

:rolleyes: :lol:

You’re right, it’s only the most played sport on the Island.

Havent we seen plenty of occasions when Tabloids have used headlines such as ‘GAA Star’ and ‘Soccer Star’?

Anyway, thats a sad story about that rugby player regardless, and he was an Intl for what its worth. RIP.

Don’t blame me if it took a rugby player being killed for Limerick people to finally do something about the Dundons and their mates. Limerick people are a proud race and when one of their own, a docker and fellow rugby devotee, gets killed then they won’t stand idly by.

The Irish Independent headline has been changed to “Irish rugby player…”

The “international” part has been removed.

dancingbaby can take some credit for this, I feel.

It has been brought to my attention that we lost at home to Samoa recently

I think we may be up against it at the weekend :frowning:

A welsh colleague of mine who is a massive rugby fan told me today that Wales are useless at the moment and Ireland will walk this. This lad is normally always cocky.

What odds are Ireland?