Significant people's (not celebrities) deaths

Young family.

Itā€™s the actual nightmare

Freddy Rincon, formerly of Real Madrid and Colombia.

Nigel Pearson, Sky darts commentator.

Only 52.

Mike Gregory. Ex darts player, 56.

2 Likes

Jaysus

RIP

Jesus, thought he had far more years on him.
RIP

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2022/0420/1293327-hothouse-flowers-pay-tribute-to-sax-player-leo-barnes/
Tough enough owl life he had.

I cried along with him in 1990. R.I.P.

A gent

Was it not 1992?

1 Like

It was indeed. 90 was Taylor beating Bristow

1 Like

Taylor Gregory was the first darts match I watched on TV.

And 30 years later Iā€™m still watching.

1 Like

Iā€™ll never forget him post match revealing his mum had died xmas day. He played like a man inspired to take Taylor to sudden death

Things I learned today,

Mike was 65. Born in 1956.

I was supposed to go to 7:30pm mass the evening of that 1992 final to ā€œget it over withā€ for the weekend. I didnā€™t go because the darts and a block of Danish mozzarella cheese I was nervously cutting off pieces of and nibbling while watching it had my full attention. I donā€™t think I went to mass the following day either which was the start of a six month long grey area where I intermittently attended, before giving up entirely at the start of July 1992.

After watching that final and the inherent triumph of evil over good it demonstrated, how could anybody be a (nominal) believer ever again.

1 Like

Pedrie Wanneburg. Former springbok and ulster player. Car accident. May he RIP

Judy Rock wife of Dickie Rock (who) has died. Dickie was a big star (in his own mind). A gimp actually.
In the condolences thereā€™s a message from some asshole with the addition ā€˜authorā€™.
Itā€™s like reading a condolence ending with Fagan Oā€™Dowd - prowler.
MHR has managed a cupla focail, Christ heā€™s a busy man.

12 Likes

You cannot argue that Dockie wasnā€™t/isnā€™t a huge star in Ireland in fairness, whatever your opinion on his person or his music

In fairness thatā€™s a beautiful tribute Boxty.

8 Likes

Spit on me dickie.

4 Likes