Significant people's (not celebrities) deaths

George Redmond

In the two comic roles I’ve seen him in he had an inane comic self reassurance in himself his ways gait and demeanor. He could pull off that pause and glare at it. Timing. He knew he was funny and he seemed to enjoy comedy.
He gave me one of my greatest belly laughs of all time in the film Tootsie. The scene where he forces his way into Tootsies apartment and then he sees Bill Murray is there who he mistakes as Toosies boyfriend. The depth of apology and the whole sense of shame and overwhelming embarrassment on his face is rare. He was a funny man.

Joey ‘the lips’ Fagan :cry:

:cry: Looks like God has called him back.

Jimmy Rabbitte, Senior: What did Evel Knievel want?
Jimmy Rabbitte: God sent him.
Jimmy Rabbitte, Senior: What?
Jimmy Rabbitte: God sent him.
Jimmy Rabbitte, Senior: On a fucking Suzuki?

Ah no :frowning:

I’m genuinely sad at this news.
The Commitments was the first video I owned and I got my grà for soul music from it.
:cry:

Did they not sing Charlton Heston put his vest on, with the frogs in the background?

They could have.

That is a great tune.

Ramon Castro, the older brother of Fidel and Raul, has died in Cuba aged 91. While a founding member of the Cuban Communist Party and former representative in the national assembly, he spent most of his life in the family ranching and farming business. Unlike Fidel (who gave them up in 1986) Ramon never stopped smoking cigars.

Douglas Slocombe, the British cinematographer behind the original Indiana Jones trilogy, has died at 103.

His death at a London hospital on Monday was confirmed by his daughter Georgina.

A three-time Oscar nominee, Slocombe shot 80 films, including 1969’s The Italian Job, and was also known for filming the Nazi invasion of Poland. Slocombe was in Warsaw with a movie camera on 1 September 1939 when it was attacked by Germany. Accompanied by American movie maker Herbert Kline, he escaped, but his train was machine-gunned by a German aeroplane. Both managed to survive by lying under the stalled train.

Frank Kelly of Father Jack Hackett fame.RIP, the same date of death as Dermot Morgan coincidentally.

Source?
edit never mind, RTE has it

It’s definite pal.

Feck

2 Likes

A celebrity.

4 Likes

Fuck off to the celebrity thread

Peter Keogh passed away, a journalist and President of Wicklow GAA. Naturally he wouldn’t seen as a celebrity or even significant by some, but he was a very decent man and a pleasure to bump into at matches on occasion.

Ther was a bit done on him by RTE a while back. RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgDXFesZI5c

An absolute gentleman and model professional.

RIP

Ray Tomlinson. The man credited with inventing the e-mail and use of the @ symbol in internet terms has passed away at the age of 74.