Significant people's (not celebrities) deaths

The nicest tribute I can pay him is that I feel the same way I did when I heard Maggie Thatcher died. The world is better for their passing.

2 Likes

There will be a minute silence at the stadium of light next week

Barrister
Senior Counsel
Attorney General
EU Commissioner
Chairman of Goldman Sachs
UNHCR
AIB executive

How many pensions did this man draw? One of the biggest, best and most privileged porcine beasts at the trough…

1 Like

Was it his pro EU or pro Syrian policies that appealed to you?

St Patrick’s ?

RIP Suds, a great man even though he went to Gonzaga.

Successful across multiple fields, he drives certain Irish people mental.

3 Likes

Wow, how dare he be a success.

2 Likes

Heartfelt stuff, almost be in tears reading it

1 Like

Just listening to a repeat of the news at one on the rte news now channel. No surprise at all to hear that cunt Bruton talking about him as if the ordinary working man should be so thankful. Sutherland was one of the biggest cunts ever to hold any kind of office. His personal wealth, said to amount to about €170 million, bore testament to his utter disregard for people below him on the socio-economic scale. The neck on him could only come from years of rich food, quality wine and the excesses that come with such wealth. However this article says more about this cunt than I ever could ‘‘his lifestyle – bespeaks slavery to the amoral deities of capital, profligacy and greed.’’

https://villagemagazine.ie/index.php/2016/07/morally-most-wanted/

4 Likes

Village magazine. :joy:

Sutherland was more a friend to the poor worldwide than pretty much anyone else. Globalization has taken millions out of poverty. He was also a champion of refugees and international development. The people he was the greatest threat to were the middle classes in the West. I didn’t agree with all of his policies but ffs.

In an Irish context, he was one of the few who wanted a more open Ireland.

The number of positions he held is simply a testament to the man’s ability. He went to Europe and was respected, thus he drove the WTO. The board positions he got were a result of his ability.

The likes of himself, Seán MacBride and James Dooge were three of the very few Irishmen who excelled internationally after independence.

How dare he be wealthy and succesful though. :rollseyes:

Maybe he should be more like members of the Irish left like Michael D and Richard Boyd Barrett. Staying at home on their arses and doing little of substance in their lifetime other than moaning.

8 Likes

A great believer in the Eoropean project in fairness to him.

Suds was a colossus on the global stage.

2 Likes

The same lads criticizing him were there celebrating Castro, the lad who took the world to the brink of nuclear war. :rollseyes:

3 Likes

We’d all be rich and successful if we were able to get into Gonzaga and the Bilderberg club…

1 Like

If you could have passed the entrance exam then you might have got into Gonzaga.

2 Likes

Sutherland was A G when that chap murdered the nurse back in the early 80’s. Sutherland housed and protected the murderer. Don’t really think he’s a great loss tbh. R.I.P.

2 Likes

That was Patrick Connolly.

Oh dear.

2 Likes

I stand corrected.

Amateur hour

2 Likes