Significant people's (not celebrities) deaths

Albert Finney

A man of more importance than to be listed on this thread, surely.

RTE have renamed his week’s edition of Mailbag as “Mailbox” to mark Arthur’s passing.

One of the greats.

Wouldn’t have thought he was 90. RIP.

RIP @Fagan_ODowd

Near miss here.

Supposed to have been a proper hard nut in his day, played for Big Jack near the start of his reign, got squeezed out after McGrath, Townsend, Whelan et Al took the midfield spots.

Sr Wendy

An eccentric but a real gent. He revolutionised juvenile gaelic football coaching in noughties.

That’s sad news.

Morrison was a tremendous character altogether with a formidable record of coaching at inter-county level.

I’d say he would have been some man to have a few pints with.

I expect Joe Brolly will have a truckload of anecdotes about him in his next column.

Indeed RIP .

He once brought a skip to a Mayo training session and got the players to walk over it on a plank to exorcise their demons. Sadly didn’t work, but he fucked up the Dubs in front of the Hill on that famous day so respect where its due.

There was no badness in Morrison. Him pushing into Caffrey was funny and farcical more than anything else. If somebody of a more malignant personality had done it things could easily have kicked off, but Morrison was able to get away with that sort of thing and people could laugh.

He blamed the Leitrim people for a defeat in the Championship one year, being too negative around the team.

And him on 40k a year.

He seemed a bit mad. I never took to him much anyway.

RIP

Carefully and succintly put by Farmer there. I found myself nodding in agreement. RIP John.

It is my sad duty to inform the forum of the passing of Prince Leonard Casely, the former monarch of Hutts River, a microstate that seceeded from Australia and then declared war on it. Myself and @Chucks_Nwoko will make every effort to represent the forum at the state funeral.
Ar dheis de go raibh a anam

Only heard today that Nora Bennis passed away at the weekend.

Eric Harrison, Coach in the Famed Man U Youth Academy.

RIP