Significant people's (not celebrities) deaths

There are lots of insignificant things I can’t remember.

2 Likes

McGuigan was huge in Ireland, to suggest that it was an insignificant night in Irish sporting history is ridiculous, it’s up there with the biggest in my lifetime.

1 Like

It’s only sport, pal.

1 Like

+1.

Dermot Morgan took the piss out it magnificently though, wonderful stuff

Dermot morgan was a pain in the hole

1 Like

The Irish / American architect Kevin Roche has died aged 96. A graduate of UCD, he was a significant figure in postwar American architecture after working with Eero Saarinen in the 50’s. He was involved in designing Miller House in Columus, Indiana. Considered to be one of the greatest of mid century architecture and landscape design, a place I very much hope to visit one day

Vale Kevin Roche.

1 Like

America is the greatest country in the world and Ireland has played a leading part in making it great.

3 Likes

His plans for the Dublin docklands 20 years ago were hideous and rightly fucked out.

Apparently he was very offended that the local community had the temerity to object to them.

The local communities in Spudland are very short sighted.

You’d get a better class and more visionary sort of local community on the mainland.

You’d be short sighted too if you were surrounded with a load of 20 storey towers, leaving you in perpetual darkness.

Yerrah if they can have them in New York then the Pale Residents could have lived with them

1 Like

Thankfully Dublin isn’t New York - and anyway, the plan looked nothing like New York - it was hideous, utilitarian, faceless and brutalist - and would have been a permanent blight not just on the lives of the local community but on Dublin itself - and it was rightly thrown out.

1 Like

Keith Flint the mad bastard. RIP.

4 Likes

RIP

4 Likes

It’s no wonder there isn’t a house to be got in Dublin if we can’t build 20 stories without objections FFS.

And we’ll play a leading part in making it great again.

Ah Jaysus, that’s sad news about Keith. R.I.P.

They’d a few absolute bangers to be fair to them.

Just goes to show you, clean living isn’t the key to a log life. Hard lines Keith.

Wrong thread. Keith Flint was a proper celebrity

4 Likes