Significant people's (not celebrities) deaths

Dirty Den

Ernie Hunt, first winner ever of goal of the season for this beaut, has passed away aged 75.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FxSKczJprI

1 Like

Koko. No-one else understood
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/06/21/koko-gorilla-who-mastered-sign-language-dies-at-46.html

2 Likes

Someone who was on Love Island once.

Charles Krauthammer. Not saying much, but as right-wing US political commentators go, he was one of the very slightly less cuntish ones.

Charles Krauthammer, 1950 - 2018.

An extraordinary life. Severed his spine (C5) in his early 20s, but continued his studies while recovering in hospital, and graduated as a doctor with his class. Like most Americans of his generation he detested the extreme left and the extreme right, and spent the remainder of his life seeking to make sense of a frequently insane world. Had a huge influence on Reagan’s anticommunist foreign policy, resulting in the collapse of the USSR and Eastern Europe being liberated. His one major blemish was his support for the Iraq war, however it is clear from his writing at the time that he understood better than most the risks involved.

From his final column when he knew he had weeks to live “I leave this life with no regrets. It was a great life, full and complete with the great loves and great endeavors that make it worth living. I am sad to leave, but I leave with the knowledge that I lived the life that I intended”.

RIP

Steve Ditko, co-creator of Spider-Man and other Marvel superheroes, has died aged 90 in his Manhattan apartment. He was by all accounts an iconic figure in his field.

Gobshite

William Dunlop - Motorcycle Racer

OMG

i’M IN SHOCK HEARING THIS

Crashed in practice at the Skerries 100.

How many Dunlop’s have died off a motorbike? Are they not very good at it?

2 Likes

His father Robert and Uncle Joey as well.

They should consider push bikes

3 Likes

This is awful news

Some lads would have you believe that it’s even more dangerous on one of them.

1 Like

There probably are dumber sports than hurtling around country roads at enormous speeds on big lumps of metal but I’m struggling to think of one.

Dont. Just dont.

2 Likes

Beep
Beep

Crash

Dunlops, they’re the dunlops
They’re motorbiking history
From a town near Belfast
They’re about crash into a tree

1 Like