Six Nations 2019

Schimdt is supposedly a tactical mastermind yet can’t figure out how to defend against a dink ball.

What is absolutely damning of the game of Rugby is that it took the opposition a few years to figure out that dinking a ball over a rushing up defense was the way to go.

1 Like

I’d agree with a lot of that post apart from this. How do you reckon so? Ireland have always had tiny playing numbers in rugby and play against teams with either far more resources or a nation of absolute mutants like the Welch where rugby is the national sport. Rugby was a distant 4th here until the last few years.

I wouldn’t say they’ve underachieved. What I would say is they’ve failed to live up to the hype that surrounds them at World Cups. The World Cup performances have been an absolute disaster.

8 countries in the world play rugby and Ireland have never gone past the last 8 in the world cup. We’re hardly punching above our weight.

2 Likes

2007 was a “disaster”. 2011 we were beaten by a better Welch team. 2015 we played Argentina missing 4 of our best players and Argentina hammered us. The other ones was about par for the course.

Rightio.

never getting beyond the quarter final of an 8 team tournament is a disaster for a country that is in the top 8 teams.

1 Like

Depends what your definition of disaster is I suppose. It certainly isn’t a great record and I don’t see it changing this year unfortunately.

:smile:

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

:grinning:

Ireland have played against 6 teams from the top 8 at World Cups (never played England or S.A)

Record

Played 18 Won 4 Lost 14.

That’s a disaster

Took you 10 minutes later than I thought. :smiley:

It’s an awful record.

Would you have any thoughts on why we were missing 4 players?

The attritional nature of the way we play under Schmidt. The same reason why we’ll do fuck all at this WC too.

I love you man.

I still think his record with Ireland is great. We’re just shit at world cups. I’ve learned to live my life knowing that awful truth but it really seems to affect some posters lives in a profound way.

cc @anon78624367

go big or go home. Typical of the rugby set. Throw in the towel.

Front up for fuck sake

2 Likes

:grin:

2 Likes