Six Nations 2019

Please tell me this is a joke geoff

Éire didn’t win the Grand Slam in 2019.

Jared Payne won the second last of his 20 caps and last at outside centre in November 2016. He didn’t feature in any of the first four matches in the 2017 Championship. He got his 20th and final cap against England in the last match of the 2017 Championship at full back.

I have no opinion on Jared Payne.

“Intensive purposes” isn’t a phrase, its “intents and purposes”

Typo. Predictive text.

That’s not what he said. He really shouldn’t bother to reply to you any more.

He’s not replying to me so don’t be fretting. I’ve identified a non-functioning back row and half back back pairing as the biggest problems in the Ireland team over this Championship campaign. He’s rambling on about an outside centre who got his last cap in that position in 2016.

Sigh.

I imagine we are boring everyone Geoff, to all intensive purposes, so il not carry on except to say that 3 of Paynes last 6 caps came at fullback and it is there he would now be lining out for Ireland but for his enforced retirement. Schmidt now has another antipodean in Aki to play the centre role, Payne was clearly earmarked for fullback where his rugby brain would be a huge asset. There are some players for whom their value is only recognised in times of real difficulty, and I believe Payne is clearly one of those. You are free to disagree.

CJ was effectively deemed surplus to requirements in South Africa. He was possibly in an extended South African squad for the Rugby Championship but got culled from the final 30 and took up a contract with Munster after that.

Payne got his last cap at full back. Rob Kearney played at full back in the first four matches of the 2017 Championship campaign. To the best of my recollection, Kearney was injured for that England match and that’s how Payne ended up there. Payne is six months older than Rob Kearney. Doesn’t really square with your narrative of a player that was ‘clearly earmarked’ for full back by Schmidt.

Jared Payne was better than Drico.

1 Like

Sure when Irelands all time top point scorer Ronan ó gara was retiring they subbed him with 3 others and got no send off. Ó Driscoll they gave him every motm award in the six nations and draped a the stadium with a big banner of him or his number. Fucking Rediclious.

It could be if you were talking about agriculture, which Ireland’s play on Saturday very much reminded me of.

Maybe rugby in Ireland is the real agri-sport?

Pretty gutless mate

I decided I wouldnt stoop to that cunts level

But you did. And then you shit the pot.

1 Like

I realised i was being as big a cunt as him and i didnt like it

As a great thinker of our time would say, you’re a gutless wonder

1 Like

Thats ok with me. I have my values