The 6 Nations 2024

In the interest of fairness, here are the fixtures for the mens games, in case anyone might be interested.

2 Likes

You’d me worried as I’m considering heading to Cheltenham on the Friday and back for the England game on the Saturday.

1 Like

So…joined Irish rugby supporters club membership €50 to have a slight chance of getting 2x tickets for the six nations (England and France in Lansdowne). Goes into ticketmaster portal after giving my password, gives me a seat allocation (block, seat, stand, info) click yes on it, then it goes “search again”. Wrote what I basically wrote there tactically on fb to see if someone would be able to help me out on ticket front. Got a message off a friend in Wexford Wanderers, said he can get me 2x tickets to see the France game.

Join that club as a non playing supporter. Few bob goes to grassroots and you’ll get dibs on tickets.

50 quid as good as thrown to the wind when handed over the irfu supporters group

2 Likes

I genuinely didn’t realise clubs do that to be honest with ya… Will talk to my mate about this.

Yeah. It’s really not that dear for non playing supporter as largest cost to club is insurance and if not actively playing, no need to charge it in the fee

1 Like

Do they mind even if the person doesn’t attend matches and that? I’ll admit I just want to go to Six nations matches, but too set in my ways as a gah type person that I won’t go to a town’s cup match.

Nope, not at all usually. Realistically, many clubs happy to have the money come thru the club.

1 Like

The core group of players/coaches/admin v non-playing members is gonna be something like 30/70 anyways in most clubs. They know that international tickets are most people’s major selling point anyways so there’s no animosity over not volunteering etc. The price of international tickets now are putting a lot of people off going so it’s maybe the easiest time to get tickets in a good while if you’re a club member.

1 Like

Cheapest are €80 for Lansdowne. Start at 40 pound for ticket to see Wales vs England in Cardiff. There’s no such thing as a bad seat in Cardiff as well.

1 Like

Ya Cardiff is a great spot to go to a match, everything is a short walk. It should be on the bucketlist for any rubby fan. I popped over in 2019 and even though we got hammered it was well worth it for the beering.

1 Like

Was over there for Leinster vs Northampton European Cup final in 2011. Unreal time at that!

Very ruggix behaviour

1 Like

The club will probably charge 10 or 15 quid on top of the face value as a fund raiser

Is this starting this week?

No. They postponed it to avoid a clash with Kilmacud Crokes game.

@Locke has the full set of fixtures in the opening post.

I don’t think I’ve ever looked forward to a six nations as much as this one.

Will this be the last 6 Nations? Will rugby even exist in 12 months?

Yerrah.